All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Tassy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jessylou78jessylou78
    @jessylou78

I'm new to all this and am just educating and researching atm…but in the next year or so  I will be buying  an IP  in Tassy and am hoping for some  pointers as to good areas for both rental return and capital growth.  Cheers

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

I see that the Gunns Pulp Mill is looking iffy, did anyone on here invest in Georgetown on the punt that the mill would go ?  I know  many did not knocking them but I am genuinely interetsted in any feedback

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day jessy…

yeah we have 2 IP's in tassie and just about to buy a 3rd. 2 IP's in kingston have good rental return and fastest growing municipality in Tas… both IP's return 5% rental yield and showing good capital growth. Lauderdale may boom soon as 30million shopping precinct has been given the go ahead I believe… Be careful about high rental yield suburbs in Hobar area as the majority of these suburbs are low socio-economic areas… could pose problems with rent. hope this helps..cheers
    tugger

Profile photo of jessylou78jessylou78
    @jessylou78

Thanks, good thinking about Lauderdale… :)

I've been looking at kingston too, we're building our home in Kettering as we speak and will likely rent that out for a couple of years first to get the mortgage down, but I'd like to get a cheap investment property too.  How've the tenents been in Kingston?

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

Yeah we haven't had any trouble with tenants in Kingo at all… 2 properties in Kingston Beach (house and unit) and they both take 5% yield… we havent missed a day of rent even though properties have had 2 different renters…Kingston is taking off so jump on board. Make sure you check out the REIT information before you settle on a suburb…for $22 you can look at the quarterly peformance of each suburb. Cheers

http://www.reit.com.au/home

tugger

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.