All Topics / Opinionated! / Premium Finance

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi gibbo

Oh dont worry i did get some lovely offensive emails after i posted my 2 cents worth but no pack yet.

Glad to see Mel you saw the light and saved your self a cool $40K.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi Richard

This company seems to be getting itself in deeper and deeper.  Inclined to share the emails at all?

K

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

Richard,

Its funny how you receive the offensive emails, yet you propbably have more money available to invest in property then many of the people targeted by the telemarketers.  Maybe they need to review their target audience

@linar

Hi Richard

I think that, (until this post unfolded on the forum) their target audience was spot on.  People who had money to invest but didn't have any knowledge of how the property market works.  I am absolutely certain that Richard, who clearly knows what is going on property wise, would not be someone this company would be interested in.

Their target audience now?  Anyone who doesn't do a search for information about them on the internet!

K

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

knock..knock… where r u?
    I am getting phone calls almost every week from telemarketers telling me that interest rates are on the way down…property cycle is resetting bla bla bla bla bla.. time to buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy……I m tired and ZZZZzzz

Profile photo of bluedog47bluedog47
    Participant
    @bluedog47

Hi all,
    Still wading through all this, I think Linar hit the nail on the head as that is the catagory I fit I'd reckon, I have always liked shares and are way more comfortable in that arena, trying to spread my risks in property with minimal research until the alarm bells became deafening may take it's toll, it is getting closer to being sorted out my accountant is doing the finishing touches now, we'll see if it all adds up hopefully in a few days.
    Cheers
    Bluedog

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Well it has been over 5 weeks now since my initial request for a Premium Finance information pack and I have now accepted that it will not arrive.

This organisation is clearly aimed at targeting a specific audience who it believes it can bully into signing a contract for an overpriced IP (And yes i have evidence to this effect). It flaunts the spirit of the law at every opportunity and charges membership fees for nil return.

Then if you ever cancel a contract as is your right under Qld law they phone you and hastle you.

Clear message is avoid such a Spruiker at all time. They will be bad for your Wealth.

Participant
    @gibbo1

Maybe Australia post lost your mail.  I'm sure if you ring premium they will express post one to you and have it on you desk tomorrow ???

Participant
    @god_of_money

why not get them courried to you with registered mail
    or deliver the parcel personally?

Participant
    @gibbo1

Richard,

Premium may of done you a favour.  Hopefully anyone receiving a call from them will type the name into google and find all of these posts.  You might be able to gain some more business out of it when they read through it and see your comments and your phone number.  I might get lucky if they are on the west coast, they may drop me a line.

Profile photo of VicknAmVicknAm
    @vicknam

Last night my husband and I had  a rep from Premium Finance into our home.  My husband was cold called and the offer of tax savings was too good to turn down.  Before we knew it we were signed up to head off to Melbourne so we could see different scenarios of how we could save money.

We told the rep we had a building company and other various information about ourselves and not once did he mention that the company he represented was really after organising investment properties for us.  For goodness sake, we are a building company!  We can build them ourselves!

I should have clicked when we really didn't get any solid information from this guy, but they are quite clever to tell you its all no obligation.  I am so glad that I googled their name after he left and found this forum.  Quite honestly I am gobsmacked at the different comments from people and the behaviour of someone who claims they are an employee (Kylie71) giving out pesonal information.  I am a bank employee and that is a sacking offence, a huge breech of the privacy act.

Needless to say we are not heading to Melbourne, thanks in total to this great forum!

Profile photo of aquarius69aquarius69
    Participant
    @aquarius69

This company is someone to sure be wary of.  With my dealings over the past few months it is astounding how they are still operating.  I think more people need to look into the relationship they have with the solicitor firm they use and also the real estate firm!!!  There is way to more it than meets the eye and something I am sure ASIC would love to know about.

@linar
    aquarius69 wrote:
    This company is someone to sure be wary of.  With my dealings over the past few months it is astounding how they are still operating.  I think more people need to look into the relationship they have with the solicitor firm they use and also the real estate firm!!!  There is way to more it than meets the eye and something I am sure ASIC would love to know about.  Remember Westpoint!!!!!!

Hang on.  Aren't you the same person who started of this thread raving about how great Premium Finance and in the process implicating yourself as being linked to them?

The comments on this forum from people linked to Premium Finance have gotten so ridiculous and unprofessional that it is worth keeping this thread bumped up so that everyone can read it.  I laugh and cringe at the same time when I see that there is another comment added by a PF employee/director digging themselves in deeper.

K

Profile photo of jen forresterjen forrester
    @jen-forrester

we are about to go through this process in brisbane in a couple of weeks how long does the presentation take is it a full day do you get breaks just questions that need answering

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Jen

Save you money and the stress and pain you will go through.

Let alone the bully boy sales tactics.

Read the previous comments in this post about people who have been ripped off by this organisation.

I have clients who almost feel into the trap of attending a seminar and then saw the folly of their ways…… just in time.

Profile photo of rudra_rrudra_r
    Participant
    @rudra_r

Hi everyone,

Happened to come across the forum when I was doing a search for premium finance because I was looking for their website as they going to use my testimonial on it. I was quite surprised at all the negative comments on here because I used their services and didn't have any issues at all. Now most people on this forum will probably say I work for them and why am I posting the day I registered. Well I don't work for them and only reason I registered was because I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

I found out about Premium Finance through my accountant who I trust and figured I had nothing to lose by seeing these people. I had previously looked at investment properties on my own and had a heap of trouble finding property and dealing with the banks. When I visited their Brisbane office I went with an open mind not expecting anything out of it. The first person we dealt with took our details and finances and passed it to another person who analysed it all to see what our borrowing power was. They explained throughout the whole process what they did and we even asked them about Westpoint because it was the first worst case scenario to come to mind. They explained what Westpoint did and how they differed. Basically they help people build wealth through investment properties, they told us they don't own any properties and simply work with real estate agents to find property which would fit the type we were looking for.

After our day with them they showed us a property and we liked what we saw and asked to put a deposit down. They didn't force us to make a decision there and weren't under any pressure. Can't remember the exact date we went to see them but the property settled end of January and we've got tenants in and haven't had any issues.

I will happily refer people to Premium Finance and no doubt there will be a few people wanting me to prove that I don't work with them so if you want to contact me just let me know and I'll give you my details. No doubt there have been some bad experiences for some people but I don't think its fair to judge a place purely based on these.

Hopefully I hear what a few of you think and have the chance to say more about my experience

Cheers
    Rudra

Profile photo of jen forresterjen forrester
    @jen-forrester

we are about to go through the whole process this weekend i would appreciate some advice on what to expect time wise and salesman wise will they take no for an answer easily?

Participant
    @god_of_money

Jen, Good luck and enjoy your trip. Let us know what happen.

Rudra, "… Basically they help people build wealth through investment properties… "  by creating your own grave of debts :)
    Look at Storm financial services…. they lost billions of dollars… including their own residential HOME.

Profile photo of rudra_rrudra_r
    Participant
    @rudra_r

god_of_money, just so I understand your standpoint,what you've basically stated is anyone building wealth through investment properties is creating their own grave of debt? Secondly do you understand exactly what happened with Storm Financial Services? Because I think if you looked at their business plan and compared it with Premium Finance you would find that there is a massive difference in how the 2 conduct business. Storm Financial Services actually focussed heavily on the share market and to invest in it by borrowing against the family home.

What Premium helped me do was assess my current situation to see what I could comfortably afford but also identify properties which would work for me. They haven't put me under a sea of debt, in fact it is only costing me $200 a week to own my investment property and thats not just the cost of the loan but also rates etc… I haven't even had to change my standard of living and am extremely comfortable.

I understand you and many others might have had a bad experience with them but I haven't and am extremely pleased with the outcomes I achieved with Premium Finance.

Profile photo of aquarius69aquarius69
    Participant
    @aquarius69

Maybe it needs to be said and also asked how much commission Premium get paid for finding you a property.  My advice get an independant valuation because sure they are trying to help you with their advice but are they really helping you when the properties value in well below the contract price!!!!  Why do they not use the major banks for the purchase of your investment property………look into it a bit further for your own future…..

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.