All Topics / Value Adding / Flatpax Kitchen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of James007James007
    @james007

Hi all i am currently in search of a good cabinet maker to cut my bench tops, i have a u shape kitchen and i dont have the confidence to do it myself i would also like the cooktop and sink cut out as well, anyone have any suggestions?

Regards, 

James

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Most chippies can do the benchtop without too many problems. The dill I used many years ago couldn't follow the template for the sink and cut the hole out too large (about 1mm cover all round) – use the template, not the sink!!!!

Profile photo of James007James007
    @james007

lol couldnt of been much of a chippie!!!! i dont want the cuts to be 45 degrees in the corners, the correct way to do it is butt join no idea how they cut the bevelled edge though??? it also has to be correctly glued and clamped to seal the join up properly.

Profile photo of renovatozrenovatoz
    @renovatoz

Hi james.
    Get yourself a 'masons apron' jig for your router. This will give you the perfect join.
    Regards.
    Vince

Profile photo of Bricks and MorterBricks and Morter
    Participant
    @bricks-and-morter

G'day James,
    I'm about to buy my benches from a company "Sizewise" who cut the benches in a factory to your size then you glue them in..  I've worked out they are $400 to cut and shape them compared to a standard Bunning bench. 

Profile photo of corhigcorhig
    Participant
    @corhig

Hi Bricks and Morter,

What state are "Sizewise" in?

Profile photo of trustieonetrustieone
    @trustieone

CORHIG

If you google Sizewise a carpentry company called this name is located in Townsville,this maybe what you are after.

Good Luck

Profile photo of Bricks and MorterBricks and Morter
    Participant
    @bricks-and-morter

James, they are in Mackay and I think they do the cutting in Townsvilli then transport.

Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

Just take your benchtop with all mesurements to the postframer. They do it all for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.