All Topics / Value Adding / Unit Reno’s

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

Can anyone give me a rough guide as to what it might cost to do a basic reno (carpet, paint, kitchen/bathroom tile & Cupboard) on a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom unit of about 9 squares? Living on an island and hard to get quotes. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers
    tuggerwaugh

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Where? On an island? Syd/Melb/Perth? Bourke?  It varies. Bottom of the range or Exec?

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

sorry for the lack of info…. unit in hobart, basic reno (no more than 10k)…. maybe enough to bump the rent up by 30-50 dollars…cheers

Profile photo of attrillattrill
    Participant
    @attrill

Paint $500
    Floating floor $1500
    Blinds $1000
    Kitchen tops $1500
    New appliances $1500
    Lights $500
    New sliding door and window $2000
    Bits and bobs $500

So for $10k I did a unit reno and then had it valued at $40k more. I did it all myself, but I have found unit renos to give more return on the $$. Just remember if it is a rental keep it cheap and cheerful.

Profile photo of TrumpManTrumpMan
    @trumpman

I would only use commercial type carpets and fittings. Don't use that flimsy Bunnings cheap junk. Remembers renters will never care as much about the place as you the owner will. Go to an auction to get all the general stufff. Retailers like Bunnings ('we never have sales', Harvey Norman ('Hardly Normal prices') are all rip offs!!!! You HAVE TO SHOP Around!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.