All Topics / Help Needed! / property investing and children

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of budgybudgy
    Participant
    @budgy

Hi, I think I will use this forum as a therapy session, but just got some negative comments, and needed some forumnites to cheer me up! Anyone out there with children and still being able to do the property investing business?
    I have just been told that since I have 3 children it's close to impossible for me to do it…seriously? I think I recall from one of Steve's book of a couple of ladies that went out to Queensland or so with their children…please and got some good deals?!, tell me that there are men and women out there looking after their children and still succeeding at property investing!!!…. I went to the 3Days COnference, enroled to the RESULTS program, I am spending hours every day looking and working out numbers and things, I am really positive I can do it, I was feeling all geared up and ready until I just got this comments…
    Hope I am not misusing this forum…

Profile photo of Don69Don69
    @don69

Hi there, Just to let you know your not the lone ranger and Yes it's doable to have a family and success. Not just in realestate but in whatever you are prepared to put your passion into.
    Myself I have 4 kids and another due on the 28th of this month.
    I have a sallery just over 60k and will also be buying our third property next month.
    I thinks it's important to maintain a can do attitude and with the power of a bit of positive thinking us humans can achieve many grate things.
    As you focus it will happen. Stay positive and good luck.
    CHEERS

Profile photo of hallghallg
    @hallg

Hi Budgy, I was interested to read your post as one of my co-workers told me this week that she would like to start investing but can't do so until the (3) kids are off her hands. I didn't stop to try and convince her otherwise as I've come to the opinion that if you you want it enough, you will find a way. To make my point  let's use me and my co-worker as an example.  Similar age, both have 3 kids. We both earn about the same money. Her hubby workers full-time, my wife works 2 days per week.  She says that at the end of every month, every cent they earn has been spent to either pay their morgage, bills or fund life style. Thankfully my  situation is a little different. Our family can save an average $2000 per month, from the money we earn as employees. In addition to this, (using last financial years figures) we had investment income of $4,500 per month. Our outgoings (interest, land tax, repairs etc) to earn this$4,500 per month were $1750 per month. We only started investing 5 years ago. The 5 years prior to this we did everything we could to pay down the morgage on the house we built 10 years ago. I might add that all of our 3 children have been born in the last 10 years and my wife didn't work for a whole year following the birth of each. Our investments are a mix of property and managed funds. From my experience, yes it is possible. Then again, my co-worker may tell otherwise???? All the best

Hallg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.