All Topics / General Property / Should I sell it myself?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of mrs pmrs p
    @mrs-p

A few years ago I bought a block of land in Wannanup(a posh area of Mandurah) from a developer and unfortunately the titles were only released in October 07 when most speculators and potential home builders were a bit sppoked by interest rates.  There is a good $100k to be made in building on it but I want to free up the equity I have and cash up to pursue more local projects without carrying too much debt. 
    My problem is it has been on the market with a certain agent for 6 months at 25k cheaper than the identical block next door and at 70k cheaper than the one on the other side sold for over 12 months ago and what the valuer general put on it last year.  It is a bargain… so because it is only land and doesn't need an agent to show potential buyers through should I ditch the agent and try to sell it  myself.  I really wanted to have it sold by the end of this financial year but that doesn't leave much time!
    Anyone got any ideas- I thought about advertising it as willing to sign a contract as long as unconditional this fin. year  will settle Aug or so to entice someone.
    Looking forward to hearing ideas, mrs p

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.