All Topics / Help Needed! / Best advice : Don’t invest into property : The australian market is CRASHING.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 645 total)
  • Profile photo of ItalianDragonItalianDragon
    @italiandragon

You guys may find VERY USEFUL to read this report:

It`s long but it is absolutely worth the reading.

4th Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey:

2008 Ratings for Major Urban Markets

Australia ???? Canada ???? Republic of Ireland
    New Zealand ???? United Kingdom ???? United States

http://www.demographia.com/dhi.pdf

from the website:

http://www.demographia.com

I would love your opinions AFTER you read it.

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs
    hollandguy wrote:
    don't you have anything new or inteligent to say?

Well you really saved your first post for a glimmer of outstanding intelligence huh lol Was worth the wait.

Try this on sport-papers say petrol is set to hit $1.80 a litre, but we all know money grows on trees and this wont have any imact, and of course property prices will keep going up. Why dont all you greedy people stop for a second and think why the likes of scamp and myself even bother? We are trying to point out the bleeding obvious, but with the remarks we cop why should we even care if you all go bankrupt……?

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

All the unaffordable cities are the best ones.

Profile photo of hollandguyhollandguy
    @hollandguy
    blogs wrote:
    hollandguy wrote:

Well you really saved your first post for a glimmer of outstanding intelligence huh lol Was worth the wait.

Try this on sport-papers say petrol is set to hit $1.80 a litre, but we all know money grows on trees and this wont have any imact, and of course property prices will keep going up. Why dont all you greedy people stop for a second and think why the likes of scamp and myself even bother? We are trying to point out the bleeding obvious, but with the remarks we cop why should we even care if you all go bankrupt……?

It might be my first post, however you have made 321 posts of the same crap, and I bet no-one on this forum has thanked you for your "advice" or even listens to you for that fact. What have you honestly achieved since you joined this forum, pointing out what anyone with an IQ over 20 can see. Does anyone really care if someone goes bankrupt except debt collectors? If you care so much become a social worker and really help those out in need.

Participant
    @bardon
    blogs wrote:
    hollandguy wrote:

Why dont all you greedy people stop for a second and think why the likes of scamp and myself even bother? We are trying to point out the bleeding obvious, but with the remarks we cop why should we even care if you all go bankrupt……?

since I am greedy and you are trying to help and to show that you really care why dont you PM me and I will send you my bank details and you can chuck a few bob in my account.

Participant
    @blogs
    hollandguy wrote:
    It might be my first post, however you have made 321 posts of the same crap, and I bet no-one on this forum has thanked you for your "advice" or even listens to you for that fact. What have you honestly achieved since you joined this forum, pointing out what anyone with an IQ over 20 can see. Does anyone really care if someone goes bankrupt except debt collectors? If you care so much become a social worker and really help those out in need.

What have I achieved since joining this forum I have increased my wealth by over a mill, give or take a hunge thousand. How about you big man? See its people like you who are doomed to failure-you only want to hear/read what you WANT to hear or read. A serious investor takes off the rose coloured glasses and analises the situation, they dont just blindly believe a story regadless of opposing views. Thats what you seem to be, you only wan to hear the good, yo udont want to consider the bad..

So what difference does it make to me? Lol well none actually-I find it hilarious that people who are supposed to be here to make money are so quick to blindy oppose anyone who has a differing view on where the market is headed. If everyone posted 'up up up' regardless off the truth where would that leave you?

And yes for record I do actually care if anyone goes bankrupt-why on earth would I want that. What is in it for the like of Scamp or myself to take the position we have? Besides cop abuse from nobodies like you?

Sooo if you think you have all the answers its time to put up big man. Tell us, why do you think the market is going to continue on its upward spiral? What investments have you got, what investments have you made over the last 5-10 years? Are you not worried that with all booms come busts? What effect do you think increasing oil prices will have on he market, a market that is already the most overvalued in the world? Do you think interst rates will be coming down soon, and if so why? Do you think the current level of debt is sustainable-do you think there is capacity for more?

Just a couple of quick questions for someone wh obviously has all the answers if yu dont mind? I will be waiting with baited breath, and will be extremly surprised if I even get a reply, let alone one that would indicate you have an I.Q over 20 lol

Participant
    @blogs
    bardon wrote:
    since I am greedy and you are trying to help and to show that you really care why dont you PM me and I will send you my bank details and you can chuck a few bob in my account.

Why would you need anymore money? You obviuosly have all the answers-property is going to continue up like a rocket-you have it made buddy :)

@hollandguy
    blogs wrote:
    hollandguy wrote:

What have I achieved since joining this forum I have increased my wealth by over a mill, give or take a hunge thousand. How about you big man? See its people like you who are doomed to failure-you only want to hear/read what you WANT to hear or read. A serious investor takes off the rose coloured glasses and analises the situation, they dont just blindly believe a story regadless of opposing views. Thats what you seem to be, you only wan to hear the good, yo udont want to consider the bad..

So what difference does it make to me? Lol well none actually-I find it hilarious that people who are supposed to be here to make money are so quick to blindy oppose anyone who has a differing view on where the market is headed. If everyone posted 'up up up' regardless off the truth where would that leave you?

And yes for record I do actually care if anyone goes bankrupt-why on earth would I want that. What is in it for the like of Scamp or myself to take the position we have? Besides cop abuse from nobodies like you?

Sooo if you think you have all the answers its time to put up big man. Tell us, why do you think the market is going to continue on its upward spiral? What investments have you got, what investments have you made over the last 5-10 years? Are you not worried that with all booms come busts? What effect do you think increasing oil prices will have on he market, a market that is already the most overvalued in the world? Do you think interst rates will be coming down soon, and if so why? Do you think the current level of debt is sustainable-do you think there is capacity for more?

Just a couple of quick questions for someone wh obviously has all the answers if yu dont mind? I will be waiting with baited breath, and will be extremly surprised if I even get a reply, let alone one that would indicate you have an I.Q over 20 lol

Well from what I've been reading your're the one with the answers. I'm not a millionare like you, I don't have the answers on the market, I can't tell you if rates will go up or down, nor did I say yes to any of the above

However your the millionaire right? you must be famous on this forum? let me ask you 1 question is there even 1 person on this forum who asks you for advice if so what are there names?
    Actually I'll ask the question too, who here asks blogs "the millionaire" for advice?
    I'm now waiting with baited breath………

Profile photo of Peak OilPeak Oil
    @peak-oil

Here is a quote from a great link.

"We hear much these days about values. What does it say then about

the values of a society that accumulates wealth at the expense of the

next generation? Traditionally, wealth was transferred from the older

generation to the next, younger generation. What we have done, for the

first time in Australia’s history, is taken the younger generations wealth

and added it to our own".

Kinda sums it up really, greed is not good, sharing is caring.

http://www.greataustraliandream.net.au/home%20truths.pdf

@peak-oil

To further a point in respect to property accumulation for retirement/income streams I would like to add this. See if you can rent or pick up a copy of http://www.endofsuburbia.com/ 

It may change what you are doing, remember as our fearless leader Steve Mc Knight says, success comes from doing things different :-)

Participant
    @blogs
    hollandguy wrote:

Well from what I've been reading your're the one with the answers. I'm not a millionare like you, I don't have the answers on the market, I can't tell you if rates will go up or down, nor did I say yes to any of the above

However your the millionaire right? you must be famous on this forum? let me ask you 1 question is there even 1 person on this forum who asks you for advice if so what are there names?
    Actually I'll ask the question too, who here asks blogs "the millionaire" for advice?
    I'm now waiting with baited breath………

lol gee budy I would quit while I was behind if I were you-u are showing your niavety!! You think a millionaire is rare these days? I would be surprised if half the people on this forum wernt milionaires, and if you havent made a considerable amount of money out of property in the last ten years you would be the exception to the rule. And that is half the problem, every chump has made money out of property and thinks its a fail safe sorce of ending al their financial woes. Why are you attacking me? Do you not want to even consider that property prices could go down? By the sounds of it you are new to the game and have nothing to offer (by your own admission) so why dont you be quiet-you might learn something sport ;)

Tell me-why is it that you only want to hear positives about the property market? Dont you want to be a informed, knowledgeable and balanced investor? Dont you think only hearing half the story could damage your chances of financial success? Surely if you were serious about investing, wether it be in property, shares or a business you would want to consider ALL the posible outcomes, weigh up the risk/reward and then make a educated decision? Seems to be you are a newbie who only wants to hear the good and not even consider that bad. Well hopefully if anything our 'discussions' may have put a little seed of doubt into your head-seek out the answers you so obviously lack, do some reading, check the financial papers, understand the fundamentals of debt and the economy, consider where the economy may be headed over the next 5-10 years, and then once you have formed a view by all means jump in and argue your point.

But to mouth off with absolutely no basis of knowledge just shows your extreme level of ignorance and immaturity. Dont worry though, I dont take it personally-hopefully you will learn something out of this all….after all, we are all here to make money-how do my comments do anything unbeneficial to you? Other than open your eyes to a scenario you may not want to face? Do my comments have any impact on the property market? No. Do my comments stop anyone from making money? No. Could my comments allow someone to consider all the sides of the story and potentially save them a loss, YES. So what on earth is your problem sport? Blinkers?

Participant
    @blogs

Hollandguy one more point-seriously what have you got to loose by considering property prices could come down? Why shoot down people who may save you and 'potentially' you family a lot of money? If we are wrong so what?-you may miss out on maybe 5% per annum MAX capital gains over the next 5 years by sitting tight, but what if  by some stroke of luck lol we are right? How much then would you have saved? All comes down to risk reward-and everything is telling us the risk is FAR greater than the reward at the moment….

And I think thats where you and others miss the point-we are not saying property is bad, just bad at the moment. Of course we are open to opposing views backed up with substance, problem is the opposing views always seem to lack that little factor…substance…

So knock me all you like, I dont care, but PLEASE at least back you point of view up with SOMETHING….ANYTHING?????

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos
    Scamp wrote:
    gmh454 :

Thanks for the update. It's nothing new to me, it's something that comes and goes. The last auction results are in , and there's a clearance rate of 11%. We're in a very special market nowadays :

We're in a buyer market, and there's no buyers.

gmh, can you elaborate on what will happen to someone who is in the kind of trouble you stated ?
    Will they strike a deal with the creditors , will they be blacklisted anywhere, will they be exempt from taxes ?

where are auction clearance rates 11%?

Participant
    @blogs

Can someone please explain to me why none of you seem to be concerned about the effects 10% interest rates and $1.80 per litre fuel prices for starters could have on the property market?

http://www.news.com.au/business/money/story/0,25479,23771312-14327,00.html

Participant
    @blogs

Another I got from this very site posted by Steve himself!!

'Aussies reeling in financial doom'

"76pc of Aussies say they are finding mortgage repayments difficult "

"many homeowners could be forced to sell their properties if interest rates rose another 1 per cent"

"property is out of favour with investors, with 66 per cent of Australians saying they are less or much less likely to buy or invest in residential property"
    http://www.news.com.au/business/money/story/0,25479,23758574-5016110,00.html

So snipe at me all you want Holandguy-but mate the writting is on the wall, ignore it at your own peril…..I am interested to hear your thought on the two above articles that Steve has posted on this site. Do you intend to send Steve a nasty email becasue he is also suggesting property prices could come down? I doubt I will get a response from you anyway…

Participant
    @bardon
    blogs wrote:
    bardon wrote:

Why would you need anymore money? You obviuosly have all the answers-property is going to continue up like a rocket-you have it made buddy :)

what makes you think that I thin that ?

Participant
    @blogs
    bardon wrote:
    what makes you think that I thin that ?

Sorry, thought you were having a shot at me. Disregard, and no, no money for you ;)

@hollandguy

I haven't disagreed with any of your comments thus so far. In fact I haven't made any comments at all.  I'm asking you the questions as you're the millionarie and seem to post a fair bit. I've answered all your questions however you still can't answer my  1 and only original question… So I take it no-one on this forum goes to blogs for advice?

Participant
    @blogs
    hollandguy wrote:
    I haven't disagreed with any of your comments thus so far. In fact I haven't made any comments at all.  I'm asking you the questions as you're the millionarie and seem to post a fair bit. I've answered all your questions however you still can't answer my  1 and only original question… So I take it no-one on this forum goes to blogs for advice?

Hollandguy posted "don't you have anything new or inteligent to say?" Gee I would take that as disagreeing? Gee I could almost take it as a comment as well? Thought you hadnt made any comments?lol Dont know why Im even bothering replying to you, you are obviously a waste of time, someone who has nothing to offer and cant even hold a constructive conversation…yawn….

As for your other comment asking for who comes to me for advice-I didnt realise there was a new rule that no one was allowed to post unless someone had gone to them for advice? Gee really strong rebutals you are putting up champ..

Please take my advice and sit back and do some reading learning, who knows you might actually get somewhere in life. And enough with the milionaire comment-you are embarassing yourself if you think a millionaire is anything special these days…..

@peak-oil

Millionaire shmillionaire, it all wont matter soon guys. Peak Oil, coming to a service station near you!

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 645 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.