All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Looking for an accountant in Perth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of happyjack72happyjack72
    @happyjack72

Hey guys,

Anyone have a good accountant in Perth that they could recommend?
    My wife and I have been with our current (and first) accountant for a few years.
    He's a good accountant, but is not a property investor himself & doesn't really understand things from an investors viewpoint.
    So, when I've got a question, he answers it or finds it out for me.
    But he is not able to think ahead for me in how to best structure things for an expanding portfolio (eg what properties to put in what trusts).
    And he's not aware of land tax implications for properties in different states in different trusts.
    Stuff like that.

So, yeh, does anyone have an accountant in Perth they could recommend, who also invests in property?
    But not invests too much, 'cos I don't want them to suddenly leave because they've reached financial independence!!!

Thanks,

HJ72

Profile photo of The ChaserThe Chaser
    Participant
    @the-chaser

Hi HJ

I actually replied to your post yesterday but for some reason my reply has not shown up on the Forum despite appearing in my Account details…strange.  I have cut and paste my reply below:  (hope it is of some help for you)

Hi HJ72

I noticed that you haven't received any replies to your post, but as I posted almost the identical question on another forum recently I thought I could give you some feedback.  The following accountant was recommended by about 3 different people who have actually utilised their services (I have not as yet):

R.M.G. ACCOUNTING
    Cnr Harbourne St & Salvaldo Rd SUBIACO
    PHN 9380 9533
    WEB http://www.rmgaccounting.com.au

From my own searches on various forums I have also come across a few posts that mention Chan & Naylor as having a Perth office, but I don't have actual feedback from people who have used their services in Perth.

The other main referral I have come across (from many happy clients) is for Gatherum-Goss & Associates who are actually based in Melbourne.  It appears that a lot of serious investors choose their accountants based on the best person for the job rather than geographical proximity.  GGA's website certainly presents well in terms of them having a proactive focus in relation to property investing.

If anyone has any personal experience dealing with any of the accountants mentioned above, I know I would love to hear some feedback (and I'm sure HJ72 would as well), whether it be as a further post or via private message.  

Profile photo of Don69Don69
    @don69

Hi there,
    In regard to a good accountant in Perth I've had alot of luck with a lad called Russell Woollett from Woollett&Partners their website is  http://www.woollettpartners.com.au You must remember this is only my opinion so take it at face value.
    Anyway this bloke had an answer for every question i gave him and explained it so you could understand what was going on. He will go through every senario so you can have a semi educated guess at the option you may wish to take. When you ask a question he is also able to give you the pros and cons according to your situation financial or what ever. I'm sure his brain runs like a matrix of numbers and solutions because he seems to be answering the question before you finish the question. Once again this is only my opinion and ones mans rubbish might be another mans treasure. Anyway if you want to at least call him they're at 36 cedric street Stirling.
    All the best
    CHEERS 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.