All Topics / Help Needed! / subdivision project

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of cashycashy
    Participant
    @cashy

Hi all,
    Looking at a piece of land on sunshine coast that I can subdivide into three blocks. one with the existing house and two vacant blocks to build on. Could anyone help me out with what sort of costs will be involved and how much approx I'm going to need if i can get the go ahead from council.
    Thanks for any help you can give,
    Adam

Profile photo of jtwjtw
    @jtw

Adam,
    Depending on the degree of difficulty, planning scheme requirements Min block size, SEQ Regional plan implications etc the costs  could be 20K-30K to  who knows how much.  I have completed a similiar project recently and found  the costs can in at about  75K each block. Costs covered stamp duty , solicitors, engineers, construction costs, energex, ……… on and on.    Do a financial analysis carefully before you start. Get a good town planner. (I use Goodwin Midson & Partners and they have an office at Buderim I think).

Have a look at 'Property Divas"  website. It is run by a forumite at Ipswich andisone on thebest summaries ofthe development process I have seen so far.  Also the Lady that runs "Property Divas" is very helpful.

Hope this helps.
    JTW

Profile photo of cashycashy
    Participant
    @cashy

JTW,
    Thanks for the info…. Really helpfull. We've been in contact with the council so far and the subdivisionis definately viable.
    We have a surveyor doing some prelim work for us and we have a council architect (friend of father inlaw) looking into sewage water energex Etc for us. Thanks for the link to property passion it was very Informative.

Thanks again
    Adam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.