All Topics / Creative Investing / Second hand Wrap Kit & Lockboxes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of McHenryMcHenry
    @mchenry

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me what a "wrap kit" is worth. There is one being offered for sale second hand that I am considering. The seller is also selling a lockbox, Do these things vary much or are they pretty much the same as the ones that Rick Otton sells?
    Thanks in advance,
    McHenry

Profile photo of hengjin.lihengjin.li
    @hengjin.li

hi, McHenry. I have both  "Wrap Kit" from Steven Mcknight and "Wrap Pack" from Rick Otton.  I haven't finish both of them. I m now learning Wrap Pack. Pretty much these two package are for doing wrap deals. but by different approach, some idea are even contrary.

e.g. Steven believe people first strategy is better. He suggest finding a buyer and let the buyer to choose the wrap property first, because you won't hang on a vacant property.

Rick otton holds a different opinion. He thinks letting the buyer to choose the property put investors in a position where is harding to get a better selling price. because the buyer knows how much you pay for the property, and he/she will become funny.

For me, I want to keep my option open, to see different approach and choose the one suits me. So I brought both. I am still learning from these two pack.

I hope this will help you. and you are welcome to contact me to have a further discussion.

Profile photo of property12property12
    @property12

Have just PMed you, may be able to help
    Cheers

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi McHenry

We've found both Steve's Wrap Kit and Rick's Wrap Pack to be excellent resources. I guess we're biased towards Rick's product because that's what we started off with and we've stayed with Rick as our mentor now for 5 years.  However if you're being offered Steve's Wrap Kit second hand, I'd advise you to grab it, if you a serious about getting into Vendor (Seller) Finance.

Both resources have comparable information. Of course there are a few small differences, eg. property first or buyers first, but these aren't too important when you're first starting off. I guess the greatest challenge with the Wrap Kit, is that Steve's not selling it anymore. Quite a lot of promotional information on the Wrap Pack is available at
    http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/?af=751132

We have about half a dozen lock boxes.  We find them invaluable for showing properties, i.e. we sit on the balcony, enjoying a coffee and the property shows itself.  So far, nobody's stolen any of the houses or anything in them ;-)  I hope this helps.

Cheers, Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of davidcballdavidcball
    @davidcball

Hi Paul,

For the new people (like me) what is a lockbox?

Regards,

David

Profile photo of rboothrbooth
    @rbooth

Hi McHenry,

I have a wrap pack for sale @$500.00 but it doesn't have a lockbox?
    There are 7 seperate packages in all (video,CD and manual in each) and in perfect condition.
    If your interested just message me.

Regards

RBooth

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi David

It's a big padlock that you can store a couple of keys in.  You attach it to an immovable object and store the key of your property inside.

You then get some security details from your prospective inspectees and then give them a 4 digit code.  They dial in the four digit code and that opens a concealed sliding door that contains the keys.  We find people truly enjoy inspecting the property without us jabbering in the ear about how wonderful the property is ;-)  Thanks.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of MrFairGoMrFairGo
    @mrfairgo

We also use lockboxes.  (Make sure you leave a pile of application forms on the kitchen bench for the purchaser to take home, fill in, and fax to you)

I saw the lockboxes advertised on as Aussie creatively-focussed real estate site, but we bought ours from USA – http://www.padlocks4less.com/shurlok.  Tried on eBay but they would not post to AU.  Even after paying $40 postage for 2, these were 1/3 the price.  (sorry Rick!)  The Shurlock brand is fairly well respected as far as we could see. 

Hope this helps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.