All Topics / Help Needed! / Anyone know 1999 NSW stanp duty / mortgage duty / tax rates???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Hello all, it has been a while since I have been around due to several long term stints overseas.

I need help, I have sold a property and am preparing my paper work for my tax return, and cannot find any of the documents that went with the original sale of the house in 1999.

The house was bought mid 1999.  I know the details of the purchase price and the amount borrowed etc.

I'm calling the solicitor who handled the purchase (same one that handled the sale) on Monday to see if the files are still available, but does anyone know if there is an online rescourse that can calculate the figures I need?

Some info, the purchase price was 144K, the loan amount was 40K… 

What other info would those papers have contained that I need to know?  And is there any other way to obtain such info should my solicitor not have it any more?

Cheers,

Jason

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hey Jason,

Welcome back to the site.

Okay, some ideas for you…

1. Do you remember who your solicitor who handled your purchase? S/he will have a file in archives that they can pull and find out the information.

2. You should be able to get the rates you are after by getting in touch with the NSW Office of State Revenue. Their contact number is 1300 139 814

All the best,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.