All Topics / General Property / UK Property Investing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of JimiJimi
    @jimi

Hello everybody,

This is a great forum and I hope to be able to add some valuable contributions.

I am an expereinced property developer and investor and I am thinking of moving to Oz soon to do some property development here. The property market in the UK is currently experiencing a downturn and properties dont 'stack' for rental for the average property investor buying on the open market. However, I have been buying up to 35% below market value for many years here and there are still some fantastic deals to be had. I believe there will be even more to be had in about six months time when the mortgage markets improve. Unlike australia, property investing in the UK is all about positive cashflow and lenders will not lend on the property if it does not cover the mortgage payments. Through buying Below Market Value you can also gain 100% financing and often cash out of deals so this is the strategy that professional investors have been pursuing.

I am looking at the possibility of sourcing UK deals for Australian investors when I move over here as I still have companies operating in the UK that can souce these opportunities. The properties I will source will NOT be off plan over inflated new build properties. They will be modest inner city terraces and semi detached properties where I use an independant RICS surveyor to value the property. The bank lending will be based on this valuation so they will be accurate and based on the market value of the property and the market rent that is chargeable in that area. Often, there will be a tenant in place as we buy a lot of properties from distressed sellers and rent it back to them. These properties typically would be between £50 – £100 cash flow positive per month but more importantly will be bought at 15+ discount from market value.

The deals will be fully packaged through my company. We can take care of all the financing and we have conveyancing solicitors to do the legal work. We also have a management company in place to manage the investment.

I just want to get a sense of whether there is an appetite for this among australian investors?

Also I would be interested in knowledge sharing and will be looking at learning about the Oz market from somebody.

Would be great to hear your comments

Profile photo of buypropertybuyproperty
    Participant
    @buyproperty

In the UK, property owners and those with investment property have enjoyed significant capital appreciation on their residential and investment properties. With prices doubling and sometimes trebling in some areas over the last 10-15 years, this is reason enough to look at buying investment property.

Profile photo of Blue1Blue1
    Participant
    @blue1

Jimi

we are interested in UK investment property – preferably in the Buckinghamshire area.  Can you please give us your direct email and I'll send our details  thanks

Profile photo of bundyanimalbundyanimal
    Participant
    @bundyanimal

Hey Jimi,

I would be interested.

I have just delayed going over there to buy.

Allready have one in london, and am keen to buy more.

Would like to release equity in current london house before the price falls the predicted 20 – 30 %. (even though some big gurus over there are predicting for and against)

Would only look at cash positive due to limited funds in Abbey bank account.

I have had trouble remortgaging, as no lender in this environment is prepared to go against the 'run of the mill' mortgages. (i.e. foreign investor)

Would like to hear more from you, and from your website, sound pretty professional.

I will put my feelers out there to get hopefully some personal experiences with your company.

Please pass on your details, so I can discuss with you my next UK investment property (commercail / residential)

Don't know if you are in the Sheffield office or the Wembley Office.

Cheers,

Bundyanimal

Profile photo of ZaakZaak
    @zaak

Hi All

Even though the residential property market is slowing down in the UK a lot of investors are turning to land banking and capitalising on the housing shortage in the UK. Still a great country and economy to invest in!

Profile photo of JimiJimi
    @jimi

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the expressions of interest.

One of the issues we are in the process of checking is financing for foreign nationals. Lending is extremely difficult here at the moment and this is the primary stumbling block.

Could anyone interested in UK property please drop me an email at [email protected].

Please could you give an outline of what you would like to achieve in terms of UK property (your investment strategy)  and also where you would like to invest.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

J

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

Seriously guys – have you guys ever met or are you just the one guy under different names ?

More prior posts would add creditablity,

Steve should charge for advertising

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

gmh

No its a laurel and hardy double act.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ZaakZaak
    @zaak

Man you guys are paranoid!

Do you have something to contribute to the forum regarding property?

Shouldn't this forum be about learning about new opportunities and different markets?

Cheers

Profile photo of JimiJimi
    @jimi

GMH and olds,

Im sure the moderator of this site could check the ISP addresses to confirm that these posts were not made by the same person. Nor do I know anyone on this site. I hope they were meant in the best spirit but this narrow minded attitude is hardly conducive to an entrepreneurial spirit. If you read my first post properly you would find that I am also looking for opportunities in Australia  and would like to develop contacts over here. I would be perfectly willing to swap information without any financial benefit. Furthermore Im not advertising, I am doing whats called 'market research'. I thought thats what property forums are for.

So GMH and Olds, maybe you should think a little bit, before jumping in and accusing people of conspiracy.

Once again thanks to those who have been open minded and welcoming on the forum. Feel free to ask me any questions you like about the UK property market and I will do my best to answer.

J

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.