All Topics / Heads Up! / Dolf De Roos Mentoring Program

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Susie40Susie40
    @susie40

Hi All

I recently purchased some educational information from Dolf De Roos online. Not long after l received a phone call to interview me for a mentoring programme that they run. Apparently the receive 40,000 people wanting to get on the program every week but they only take 1%. I was on the phone for about 45min then was told that he was going to put a reccommendation in to the head guy that l go to the next level of interviews. I am just wondering about the legitimacy of this organisation and if anyone else has ever done this mentoring program. I am still waiting on an e-mail from them to give me more details of their company so that l can investigate. It just seems a bit unusual that your mentor would be from another country and l never requested to go in the program, they rang me. If so many people want to be in the program then why would they bother phoning people who haven't requested it. Any advice would be helpful as l have delayed them calling me til next week. Also the cost of this program ranges from 15,000 to 3,000 USD depending upon the level of investing (Agressive, Moderate, Conservative).

First post! Cheers
    Suzie

Profile photo of kaz101kaz101
    Participant
    @kaz101

Hi Suzie,

I have several Dolf de Roos books and met the guy in the UK some years ago and his stuff is great.

However what you have been through sounds like a marketing ploy to me especially if you didn't request to go in their program.

Last year I had a call from an Internet Marketing Gurus company. They were looking for women who wanted to make money in internet marketing and once the women had made the money there would be some publicity. I knew of the internet marketer and his company and so I was interested but they called me first. So an interview was arranged. It was all very carefully scripted so that even though at the start I was vaguely interested by the end I really wanted to be on the course because they were saying that I may not be good enough, only a few are let in, thousands are applying every week…. Then on the next interview the subject of money came up and it was about $25,000 (10,000 pounds – I was in the UK then). I said I couldn't just give the go ahead for that kind of money without my husbands say so too, and EXACTLY what would I be getting again. The guy on the phone got very stroppy and said that I had 24 hours to make up my mind otherwise they'd drop me from the interviews.
    The sales techniques were very good but the last part of his attitude completely put me off.

If this sounds familiar to you then it's just a sales ply that's done very well. So decide whether you would have been interested if they hadn't approached you and ask if the techniques can be used here, and make up your mind from there.

Regards,

Profile photo of Susie40Susie40
    @susie40

Hi Karen

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds so much like what l went through. They are very good at grooming you into wanting it. I sent them an e-mail saying thanks but no thanks. They replied and were not too happy, saying that l hadn't spoken to anyone that had completed their program so my opinion was not well researched. Funny, considering l asked to speak to someone and they said their company policy did not allow this!

Cheers

Suzie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.