All Topics / Help Needed! / 1st time buyer – Vacant land without essentials connected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of pandibabipandibabi
    @pandibabi

Hello all,

I am interested in buying a small lot of land to build a small house as my first home and then eventually onselling it or renting it out. But the land is advertised as no road access, sewerage and electricity even though its located in a pretty good area with major shopping centres and near the sea. I was wandering if anyone has experience with the costs and procedures to get these essential services connected, whether or not its worth bothering with in comparison to buying a house and land package? The same/similar lot in a nearby suburb is going for more than twice the rate for this land I'm interested in.

Any information provided would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

I assume that it is in a residential area? If so, I find it odd that the council has allowed a block to be sub divided off and not provide services and road access. Nevertheless, if this is the case and it is reflected in the cost of the land, then a trip to the council will give you the costs you are after. They would be refered to as headworks charges, and vary a bit from council to council. You will need to know the lot and DP numbers and the selling REA can give you those. It may pay to ask council if those services need to be provided prior to the sale.

Hope it all goes well, Mick

Profile photo of marg4000marg4000
    @marg4000

This block of land has many problems, and unless you can get road access and services connected then you will be unable to build on it and it will be virtually worthless.  I would have thought that without access then the land could not be subdivided and sold.

I suggest you look for land that has all services already available.

Marg

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If there is no road access, how will you access the block? Do you have a right of way? How far is it from the road & services?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.