All Topics / Opinionated! / The Property School

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Hi all
    Has anyone ever attended 'The Property School' in sydney taught by Peter Koulizos?
    Any comment? It costs almost 2k to attend
    Thank you

Don

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Hi Don,

I haven't attended, however have heard Peter Koulizos speak several times. Having looked at the brouchures, it appears to offer a fairly thorough consideration of property investing. I'm not sure how experienced you are and how faar into your property investing journey you are. If you've already started investing, I would see better value in reading more books and expanding your knowledge that way. If you are a novice, it might be money well spent.

Have you heard him speak?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

My view might be a little biased since I am one of the lecturers there but I think the course is well worth doing if you are after a good fundamental understanding in real estate. I aim to attend seminars where I can as well as reading  books. Life long education is a must for property investors.

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

Have heard some good reports about the Property School.  At least they aren't selling you a product.  I heard that the course was very thorough, well organised and practical. 

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Seems like all postive comments. Thanks for your help.
    Cheers Don

Profile photo of abbruzziabbruzzi
    Participant
    @abbruzzi

Hi there Don,

I attended the Property School after seeing Peter Koulizos speak at the Property and Investment Expo at Darling Harbour Sydney in 2007.

I had a bit of equity in my apartment and had been intensively looking for an investment property and reading everything about the topic since October 2006. I had become accustomed to spending 2-3 hours at a time on Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons using the book stores like libraries, especially Borders Pitt st and Kinokuniya at townhall which have comfortable chairs. I can say I have skim read and re-read most every property book and the odd general investment book there is in these stores and I recommend to anyone to read about property and investing from as many angles as possible. Obviously buy every issue of the Property / investment magazines as they come out..

But there lies the problem I came to, information overload.. and I had flown up to Brisbane and got taken for a ride by a smooth talking agent, got out of contract but paid the 0.25% commision, cost of investing as far as I was concerned.

Then I attended an information evening for the Property School and at the end of the evening took the "leap of faith".. I signed up based on the fact that The Property School is a genunine eductional course, orginating from Peter being a lecturer at Tafe and the course being taught in Victoria University in Melbourne amougst other places around Australia.

The course just clarified all the knowledge I had gained and boosted my confidence. Also, to sit in class and meet other students from so many walks of life and investment experience was so comforting. The atmosphere is informal and I could ask as many questions as I liked and also listen to the questions of others.

The lecturers are qualified practitioners in their respective feilds of expertise, such as lawyers, accountants, brokers, valuers, renovators – and most importantly each of them were property investors with substantial portfolios. I could feel that these lecturers had a passion for property which was contagious.

Anyway, Bottom Line, I calmly and with conviction and dicipline ACTED on a property in Melbourne that I found and researched myself and now I am Laughing… (bought for 10% discount and the capital growth is as I planned, knowing the fundementals and having the confidience to Act appropriately)

The cost of the course was returned to me by many many many multiple times…by buying right!!

Norm

ps.. have subsequently bought another property in Brisbane at discount and am renovating that… laughing (even with the rate rises)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.