All Topics / Help Needed! / house for removal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of paul1234paul1234
    @paul1234

Has anyone done the excercise of purchasing a house for removal and relocating it to another block of land?
    I am after first hand reports of how it worked out.The good, the bad and the ugly.
    I have come accross 4 homes for relocation priced 2 @ $7k and 2 @$12k plus relocation cost obviously in need of some reno help
    I believe there can be issues with lenders and of course the land where it is to be relocated to needs council approval for such activities.

Any info appreciated

Paul

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

Paul I've moved two houses years ago , could not tell you current moving costs now.
    From my experience there was more damage then I expected , doors not closing,  new wall cracks, problems with roof leaking, damaged plumbing, uneven flooring in a major way even though the stumps were level.
    We had to remove all skirtings , pack out floor , replace carpet as it was impossible to remove with out damage. Replace tiles , re-seal tubs…hhhhhmmm list was endless.

Maybe I expect to much ….I don't know if I would do it again, but it can be a cheap way out with fast accomodation if you do not mine living in it while renovating the place.

Profile photo of paul1234paul1234
    @paul1234

I was looking at it as a rental property . But that is good information and I thank you for it. This is the type of thing I need to find out.
    So please everyone keep the post coming.

Paul

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

All these tasks sound simple but they are not.
    Pulling carpet was torn , skirting removal damaged existing walls and peeled paint. This required new carpets, full patch up of plaster,sanding and repaint.
    Just fixing tiles was a hassle as tiles could not be matched and required large areas replaced.

You need to take into account the labour to remove damaged problems then more labour to replace.
    It actually works out cheaper to start from scratch when it comes to these issues.

Profile photo of Sconny627Sconny627
    @sconny627

Hi Paul1234……….We moved a house recently, it was only a short trip, The guys from Coffs Harbour did a great job we would get them again,The house was set about one metre off the ground, they did a fantastic job of putting it together, no problems at all.
    The cost was covered as a house loan, the block was in town and was approved ok.  All I had to do was reassemble the Verandahs and rebuild the Laundry and Bathroom on the back, it did take about twelve Months but being only a handyman I took my time…If you want a picture you can contact me through my Email Address.
    Ron

Profile photo of paul1234paul1234
    @paul1234

Hello Ron

I cant send you an email as you have not enabled that function . Can you please shoot me one with a contact number and I will call you . I would like to talk to you regarding the relocation.

Many thanks

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.