Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of darian1179darian1179
    @darian1179

Hi All,
    I am living on a subdivided block with me in front and a family in the back. My carspace happen to be right in front of their house, about 7 meters from their entrance. We are thinking of building a carport for that space but they have strongly objected. They even went on to say that whatever we do in our backyard and they can see, they will have a say. What rights do they have? I just can't imagine how I have to ask for their "PERMiSSION" whenever we decide to do something on our land. It doesn't sound logical and I want to know what I can do about it. Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.
    darian1179

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Lodge your DA with council, if they object the council officer will inspect the site or knock the objections on the head. On what planning grounds are they objecting? The mere fact that they can see it does not constitute a valid objection – views are not protected under the law (unless of course they are significant and a dimunition will affect your property price severely).

Profile photo of darian1179darian1179
    @darian1179

great, i will do that. can I ask how much does it cost to do that?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It works on a scale of fees – you will need to check your council's website or speak with the planner on the desk.

Profile photo of darian1179darian1179
    @darian1179

Thankyou so much for your help!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.