All Topics / Help Needed! / Help me understand Strata Fees

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of GlascoGlasco
    @glasco

Hi guys, 

I have never purchased a unit previously however am currently exploring the market as I feel it may best suit our current needs. I am however struggling to understand the rationale behind strata fee price variances.

I fully appreciate that the greater the services typically the greater the fees – pools spas gyms etc all cost money and have to be paid for some how. That said one property I recently had an interest in was a 1 bedroom old warehouse conversion in a block of 14. No onsite manager, no joint services, nothing and the strata fees are quoted at $930 PER QUARTER. Looking at other properties in the area they are charging as low as $500 per quarter.

Does anyone know how these prices are fixed and what they contribute to – if the money was going towards a major refurb and then reverting to a more reasonable rate it may be financially worth my while but if not then how is this number arrived at.

All thoughts appreciated.

Craig

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.