All Topics / Finance / Development finance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of diesel88diesel88
    @diesel88

Hi,

I have a mortgage on a raw site with the potential for 3 townhouses. I would like to develop the property and have no cash at hand, there is about 12% return on this project.

What do you suggest my options are to obtain finance and who would you recommend. 

Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

What will be the valuation:

1) As  LVR against land purchase price and construction costs.

2) Gross Realisation.

Will the loan be done on a full status on lodoc basis.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Also in addition to Richard's post above, lenders usually want to see a 15-20 % return on the project end value. Check your feasibility and if it still returns 12 % you may want to consider whether it is viable for you to proceed.

Ensure that you've allowed a 5 % contingency on the construction cost for your project.and if your figures of 12 % have allowed for this and are on the conservative side, see where you can cut some costs (without ruining the project) to bring your feasibility to around 15 %.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

As Michael said, 12% is very tight. Personally I wouldn't touch it as the risk/reward ratio is simply not there. In saying that how have you derived 12% (is it after factoring in interest, holding costs, all development costs, purchase/sales costs, legals, subdivision, design, approvals, council contributions etc)?

I would recommend doing a dcf as well as a secondary methodology (development model/direct comparison) to check your numbers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.