All Topics / Value Adding / Advice for my parents

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day all…

Just thought I would post a question on here on behalf of my parents so here goes;
    My parents own 10 acres (of which is not available for subdivision – zoning) with a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house they built in 1990. With all the kids moved out they are now looking to sell in the next 12 months but don't know how to improve the appeal of the property. The garden is a large and messy, the lawns dead or dying, and the inside in need of new carpets, paint, spring clean. Mum is keen to spend 20-30k on landscaping to improve the appeal for the potential buyers but is unsure whether this will return in the sale. Has anyone got some good advice as to how best spend 20-30k improving the overall appeal. Any help would be much appreciated. cheers
    tuggerwaugh

p.s. does anybody know of any good landscape gardeneres in the Hobart area?

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hey tuggawaugh. If it's in the hobart area they could save money and sell it to me cheap? Seriously, what sort of $ are they after? Cheers

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

Hi Tugger, make sure landscaping is really going to bring the additional dollars, do some research on similar properties, talk to a few agents and get them to appraise the property and ask what features are "selling" at the momet in the Hobart market. You could even "list" the property for sale in the local paper (tiny classified add – private sale) and see what buyers/inquiries you attract and most importantly what they are afer, inexpensive and effective.

Regards

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

What about the idea of a family working bee weekend where your parents supply the food. Yes it sounds old fashioned but it may be a good way to do some basic gardening/landscaping to at least tidy everything up and make what really needs to be done more apparent.

Mick

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

yeah they all sound like good ideas….i've promised to spend some time on the garden over the next few months so thats good…. looking at offers over about 1.2 million i reckon….still interested?

cheers , tuggerwaugh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.