All Topics / Value Adding / holding off on valuation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of nejasnejas
    @nejas

About to finish reno's on PPD and IP. The markets certainly slowed at the moment on the Gold Coast, I was going to reval straight away to release more equity or should I wait till it picks up maybe see where the rates go and then go for a val? If I did decide to get a val after these reno's and it came in under my target is'nt it a 6 mnth min wait to go again? Even if you are proactive with reno's it is still dictated by the current sales or lack of? I mean could the house after reno's come in the same $$ as before reno's?
    Cheers

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Depends on the bank and LVRs. Some banks dont have time restrictions on valuations, but the mortgage insurers generally like 6 months

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

As Terry said, a lot may depend on the lender – but without good reason, you will find a 12mth window in many cases. As you pointe out, in a lower markt, vals are conservative – especially if the house down the road just sold cheaply.

Profile photo of PudestconPudestcon
    @pudestcon

My view is reval now…  Reasons?

Well you obviously want to reval now,  release equity before it drops further, 6 months (if that's the case) is not a long time to wait,  what will change for the better in the near future if the market has softened a little and is trending down now?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Get in with a new val before more current sales (in a depressed market) are recorded.

Profile photo of nejasnejas
    @nejas

Thankyou for your comments, food for thought!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.