All Topics / General Property / Bad Property Managment and tenants should be exposed on public register

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I am a new property investor and have bought two investment properties in the Victoria North West suburbs in Caroline Springs. After reading many investment books and getting numerous advice, my wife and I entered the property investing society. We were very happy with our purchases through Sweeney in Burnside and decided to hand the managmnet of the properties to them. We started of ok but started getting suspicious when proceedures that were agreed to were being disregared, we were not getting any feedback and the manager seemed to be getting out of control. After numerous inconsistencies in what we were told we decided to get everything in writing. Thing took a turn for the worst as this was obviously tracable and did not go down well with there system.
    I am a new property investor and have bought two investment properties in the Victoria North Western suburbs in Caroline Springs. After reading many investment books, getting numerous recommendations on property investing, my wife and I decided to invest in property. We were very happy with our purchases through Sweeney in Burnside and decided to hand the management of the properties to them. We started of ok but started getting very suspicious when procedures that were in place were not being followed. We were not getting any feedback on the properties progress and the manager seemed to be getting out of control. After numerous inconsistencies in what we were being told, we decided to get everything in writing. Thing took a turn for the worst as this was obviously traceable and did not go down well with there system.

One of our properties needed to be re-tenanted so the P.M. listed it and had numerous candidates. When we signed up with Sweeney, we were told by the P.M. that we were to be given a list of the final applicants and we were to decide who we wanted to be the new tenants. This seemed to be fair however, we were told that they had found the tenant to the newly listed property and the new tenant will be moving in at the end of the week. We were shocked, but not surprised as we found out later the tenants were the P.M. friends, a couple of young inexperienced girls. The tenants played for the first months rent and every month after that they have not even paid half of their monthly rent.
    This has been going on for 4 months and is now with VCAT. This issue was too hot for Sweeney and called us liars and became very abusive. They decided to terminate the Property management, dumped all our personal property information in the street which was found by a good Samaritan and handed to police. We are now left with bad tenants and we are left having to come up with the extra mortgage repayments to the bank. We are now dealing with a Great Property Manager with the Caroline Springs Raine and Horne. It would be great to be able to report the shonky Sweeney office on a public register so everyone can access and comment. Is there anything out there?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

You can report them to the real estate institute or the office of consumer affairs.
    There is no list!

Profile photo of RosellaRosella
    @rosella

It is not very often that agents terminate properties, since they derive their income from leasing and selling properties. I would have to say that in this case there must be 2 sides to every story. 

I personally have just listed my 10th investment property with Sweeney Estate Agents and have found them to be most professional, dilligent and always act with my best interests at heart. They come highly recommended in my book.

I have a friend who has been a property manager for 10 years in the Sydney property market who says she has only ever terminated 1 property and her reasoning being that the Owners were being unreasonable and couldnt understand the Residential Tenancy Act and guidelines provided by the Agent.

You say in your post that bad Agents should be named in a public regster, in this case maybe there should be a public register for bad landlords????

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Hei Rosella…
    Just wondering r u another spruiker trying to advertise for Sweeney Estate Agents?
    10th investment property hmmm…..very suspicious…

Why good comments about something in this forum ALWAYS 1st post?? I am always confused…regardless
    Realestate, MB, etc…

I agree with Xenia, but you could also talk to department of fair trading or even go to local newspaper or to be more exotic.. go
    to current affair or todaytonight… They love the story…. 

Never Trust Realestate agent!!!!!

Cheers

Profile photo of RosellaRosella
    @rosella

No not a spruiker at all, just a happy customer !!!!       

Profile photo of mimmim
    @mim

My Investment Manager 9363 1023 is located in Caroline Springs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.