All Topics / Creative Investing / How can I target developers ?????

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of bennyj1bennyj1
    Participant
    @bennyj1
    Targetting developers???????

Hi

I am not sure if anyone is able to assist but we are about to list our residential property for sale (Redcliffe, Qld). Due to it's position and zoning it has much greater potential as a development site.
    Therefore, we are wanting to target our advertising at as many property developers and investors (particularly in SE Qld) as we possibly can.
    Is anyone able to advise on the best way of doing this? We have considered emailing a 'brochure' to multiple developers etc. Are there any central directories where we might be able to obtain email addresses for developers?
    Any advice or information would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Ben
    Qld

Profile photo of tammytammy
    @tammy

Have you considered contacting buyers agents in your area. They usually have a database of developers.
    Goodluck
    Tammy

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

IT will depend on the size of the site, the specific zoning and whether you have a DA allowing you develop the site etc. If its a small residential site you're wasting your time on the larger groups as they won't touch anything under 60 home sites, you're more targeting the smaller builders/mum and dad developers. I'd investigate via the town plan what you're allowed to build, eg: 4 townhouses, or 2 storeys or whatever it is, then at least you can advertise your site as having the potential. Be aware that in targeting developers, so no developer will pay you a cent until they're sure they can do what you say, thus the settlement period will be subject to a successful development approval, due dilligence etc, which depending on the council, can take anywhere from 6-18 months. that is simply the way it is, so if you're keen on selling to a developer, be ready for this.
    Good luck.

Profile photo of bennyj1bennyj1
    Participant
    @bennyj1

Thanks heaps for all of that information. Much appreciated.

IT will depend on the size of the site, the specific zoning and whether you have a DA allowing you develop the site etc. If its a small residential site you're wasting your time on the larger groups as they won't touch anything under 60 home sites, you're more targeting the smaller builders/mum and dad developers. I'd investigate via the town plan what you're allowed to build, eg: 4 townhouses, or 2 storeys or whatever it is, then at least you can advertise your site as having the potential. Be aware that in targeting developers, so no developer will pay you a cent until they're sure they can do what you say, thus the settlement period will be subject to a successful development approval, due dilligence etc, which depending on the council, can take anywhere from 6-18 months. that is simply the way it is, so if you're keen on selling to a developer, be ready for this.
    Good luck.[/quote]

Profile photo of bennyj1bennyj1
    Participant
    @bennyj1
    tammy wrote:
    Have you considered contacting buyers agents in your area. They usually have a database of developers.
    Goodluck
    Tammy

Thanks Tammy. I will follow that up

@matt007

Buyers agents may be a good idea for your project given its not the type of thing your AVJennings or Mirvac etc would do.. just make sure you do your research first. Go to the town plan, or ring the town planning section of council would be easier, and ask them outright, what can you do on your block? that way you know what council want, so your (or the developers) DA will be easier to do right the first time and keep it in line with the town plan. Once you know what you can do with your block, search on what similar completed projects may be selling for. It all helps when dealing with the developer at the end of the day.

@matt007

benny just a thought, can you PM me the details of your site as I personally know a few of the smaller developers around town who may be interested. If I know the size/location etc I may be able to assist somehow.. entirely up to you of course but if you're interested, you can email me at [email protected].
    Cheers
    Matt

Profile photo of xyz123xyz123
    Participant
    @xyz123

Hey Benny,

I've dealt with a lot of developers, not all but alot of them won't give you the time of day – but you will always get there attention when they think your going to move/buy there block @ the end of the what they are most interested in is selling – put on your best suit on, walk in to the complex or real estate agent tell them you've been closely watching this block and my buying group and I are interested in purchasing it, when can with the owner meet? If its an agent, mention something like "As you could imagine a deal of  this is not going to be straight forward, lets save the running back and forth – I've never a buying group I've just gone in 'As If" negotiated the deal and then found my buyers – good deals attract buyers good luck

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

Myself would search out what is the demand in the area and consider providing a DA , this often creates attention for investors who want to move money fast.

Profile photo of FarcanaryFarcanary
    @farcanary

Why don't you take 18 month options on your neighbours properties to increase the size of the site and make $$ off the sale of their properties aswell…

Profile photo of swarnieswarnie
    @swarnie

Check out http://www.millarslist.com – this is a list of many development sites for sale.  I think there is a small commission or fee that you have to pay to list it,

Regards
    Swarnie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.