Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of JarredJarred
    @jarred

G'day
    been reading this for the past couple of weeks, great info
    I'm a soldier based in Townsville and own a house worth about $330000 market value and have low $200000 left on it.
    I want to start an IP and in July my partner and I will have access to the new defence home owner assistance scheme
    Does anyone know generally how to utilise this to our advantage and;
    does anyone know of any good financial advisers/planners in Townsville
    Thankyou

Profile photo of Jeff JohnsonJeff Johnson
    @jeff-johnson

Hello Jarred,
    Give me a call if you like, or email.
     I was born in Townsville, have lived here for thirty years and have worked in real estate here for the last four years.
    I may be able to directly help and can definitely give you some good contacts.
    Jeff

Profile photo of ollieeolliee
    @olliee

Hey jarad,
    I'm based in Perth, I've just been told by my chain that DHOAS has been put on hold.  Rudd govt. wants to review it, no implementation date has been given.  I'm sure you'll be waiting out like heaps of us.  Will be interesting to see what the current government puts on the table.

Cheers

Profile photo of JarredJarred
    @jarred

cheer for your comments guys

Profile photo of damo001damo001
    @damo001

Gday Jarred,

I'm in Darwin,  i got the old $80g loan.  was very interested, try this website.  it tells you all about the new scheme.

http://www.defence.gov.au/dpe/pac or

Intranet: http://intranet.defence.gov.au/pac

I haven't looked at it for a while but it really adds up if you have been os for over 6 months for warlike service.  and really who hasn't been in the last few years. 

Profile photo of JarredJarred
    @jarred
    Profile photo of Dave LamariDave Lamari
    @dave-lamari

Jarred,

I know it has been some time since you posted here, but I have just come across your post while trying to source some more info on the DHOAS for myself (and clients).

I am a Mortgage Broker in Townsville and, if you are interested, I am happy to chew the fat with you about the scheme and investing in general. I run the broking business my self and invest as well and would like to share with you my thoughts and experiences investing and on the chances of getting 'property investment advise' from Financial Advisors.

If you would like to talk some more, please don't hesitate to contact me on my mobile 0412 489 993.

Thanks,

Dave.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.