All Topics / Help Needed! / Investors Direct Brisbane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of JoHJoH
    @joh

Hi all, my partner and I a relatively new to property investing and saw Doug Bannister from Investors Direct in September last year and was very happy with his advice. I just called their office to make another appointment with him and have been informed that he has left the company and if I wanted to make an appointment with a consultant it would need to be a phone appointment as there are no consultants in Brisbane. So where to now?
    I know other members are clients of Doug's who are you seeing now?
    Thanks
    Jo

Profile photo of buyer1buyer1
    Participant
    @buyer1

Hi Jo,

I use Investors Direct in Melbourne but live in Brisbane.  Most things are done over the internet anyway and the occasional phone call doesn't really make any difference.  So there really is no problem.

Darren

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

What type of advice where you seeking ?

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JoHJoH
    @joh

Thanks Darren, do you mind me asking the name of your consultant? Have you found them helpful?
    Cheers
    Jo

Profile photo of JoHJoH
    @joh

Hi Richard,
    We are building 2 houses at the moment in Brisbane and will have a fair bit of equity when they are complete (July 08) so we were after a bit of direction with our next purchase/development and finance.
    Thanks
    Jo

Profile photo of buyer1buyer1
    Participant
    @buyer1

Hi Jo,
    Sure, I use Michelle Coleman and she is the National Sales Manager for Investors direct.  Her offsider Shannon Xiao I tend to speak with mostly is quite good as well.  They have been extremely helpful.  Bill Zheng the founder, has some fantastic and inspirational DVD's available which help give you direction and motivation !!  Michelle sent me one free of charge as a thankyou.
    I can send you her business card if you wish.

Darren

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jo

Any investment related mortgage broker can assist you with that enquiry.

What structures are you using to purchase the properties in?

Profile photo of JoHJoH
    @joh

Thanks Darren, sounds like you are very happy with their services. I will definitely keep those names on record if we decide to go with them.

Richard, our strategy is buy, add value and hold. We bought a house on a double block in Brisbane, removed the house, split the block and are now in the process of building two houses. We would like to do something similar again or even look into building townhouses.

Thanks
    Jo

Profile photo of RockianRockian
    @rockian
    JoH wrote:
    Hi all, my partner and I a relatively new to property investing and saw Doug Bannister from Investors Direct in September last year and was very happy with his advice. I just called their office to make another appointment with him and have been informed that he has left the company and if I wanted to make an appointment with a consultant it would need to be a phone appointment as there are no consultants in Brisbane. So where to now?
    I know other members are clients of Doug's who are you seeing now?
    Thanks
    Jo

Hi Jo, I am also a new client of I.D. and was surprised when Doug suddenly left as he seemed like an excellent strategist. I really appreciated the initial free phone consultation which went for over 1.5 hrs – no obligation. Really got into the nitty gritty of where we were at and where we wanted to go with our careers – personal and investment. Well rounded overall assessment of our situation backed up with an itemised plan of action for us to act upon if we felt comfortable with it.
    I guess his place will be filled soon enough but in the meantime I might take Darren's advice and contact Michelle.

BTW, anyone going to the upcoming round of Bill Zheng seminars?

Profile photo of JoHJoH
    @joh

Hi Rockian, yes we will be attending the Brisbane seminar on Sat 12th April. We have attended one of his previous seminars and found it really beneficial.

@rockian
    JoH wrote:
    Hi Rockian, yes we will be attending the Brisbane seminar on Sat 12th April. We have attended one of his previous seminars and found it really beneficial.

We are also going to the Brisbane event Jo. Not only that. We are also doing the build and hold strategy.

Thanks, Ian

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jo

Construction townhouses or splitting the block and building 2 houses is nothing new but does require some careful planning to recuce where possible the GST and CGT.

Dependant on the number of townhouse will determine whether the deal is considered a residential or commercial transaction and will determine the interest rate charged and fees associated with the project.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry
    Quote:
    Hi Jo, I am also a new client of I.D. and was surprised when Doug suddenly left as he seemed like an excellent strategist. I really appreciated the initial free phone consultation which went for over 1.5 hrs – no obligation. Really got into the nitty gritty of where we were at and where we wanted to go with our careers – personal and investment. Well rounded overall assessment of our situation backed up with an itemised plan of action for us to act upon if we felt comfortable with it.
    I guess his place will be filled soon enough but in the meantime I might take Darren's advice and contact Michelle.

BTW, anyone going to the upcoming round of Bill Zheng seminars?

I would suggest to all those on this thread that you don't take Darren's advice and call Richard Taylor instead. There is a reason why the people in the ID office in Brisbane work as employees and similarly there is a reason Richard has his own business.

Regards
    Alistair

@rockian

And what reason would that be Alistair?

Cheers, Ian

Profile photo of trishaltbrtrishaltbr
    @trishaltbr

Im also new to property investing. I just moved in Batemans Bay NSW. I seek advice on Professionals. Lucky me I've got alot of friends to as more tips and advice about Property Investment.

Trisha Rich
    Batemans Bay NSW, Australia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.