All Topics / Help Needed! / investing in student accomodations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of barsbars
    Participant
    @bars

i wanted to know if it is a good ide to invest on a student accomodation by taking loan from the bank. i want to an investment property but don't know if its the best time for it.

Profile photo of trakkatrakka
    @trakka

The main problem with investing in student accommodation – as in UniLodge etc – is that you can usually only get 60% LVR, which makes them not really stack up as an investment because you need to put too much equity in. If you mean buying a regular house and setting up as a "rent by the room", then it really depends on the particular property as to whether it's a good idea.

When deciding whether to buy or not, I make my decision based on the merits of the particular property, rather than based on the overall market picture. For example, I would never say "I am definitely not going to buy in 2008", because I don't know what deals I'm going to find. And if I find a great deal, I don't really care what "the market" is doing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.