All Topics / Help Needed! / Mentorship, Teams and Partners…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of alexbigalalexbigal
    Participant
    @alexbigal

Hi all,

I’m looking for a mentor….

"I’m 26 years old, turning 27 on Easter Monday, and I have set myself a goal to be financially independent by my 30th birthday. In other words, I’m aiming to have enough monthly passive income from my businesses and +ve CF properties to cover my monthly expenses. "

Many people out there, I bet, are seeking the same goal but get lost sometimes and need guidance. They aren’t sure what is missing and stopping them going further.  I have come to realise that regardless of your age and experience level, everyone needs a mentor.  As you are developing and gaining experience your mentors do change.   

As young as I am, I’m regarded to many people and close friends of mine as a mentor for different reasons.  I love to teach and help people to help themselves.  It is satisfying!  In fact I believe everyone is a mentor for someone whether you know it or not.

I think we all agree that everyone is in search for a new mentor at some point!

I have recently come to realise I’m one of those people.  I’m in search for a “BIG BROTHER”, someone who is already on the track but a few steps a head. Perhaps, this someone has already reached my goal.

I also consider many authors to be mentors as we engage ourselves into the book and learn the lessons that are there to be taught. However, as we all know sometimes it’s not enough.  We often want more interaction and guidance.  

I think forums such as this are great places to find new mentors.

Anyway, I have read book after book and attended seminar after seminar for years. I have invested much of my time in researching different investment vehicles, looking for problems to solve and constructing win-win outcomes.

I agree that it’s a challenging task to find positive cash flow properties using the conventional “Buy and Hold” method these days. However, I know the answer is to find problems and be creative.

I’m very keen on Vendor Financing and Lease Options as they are more interment strategies.  You work closer with your “client” and you can become more creative to solve their problems compared with renting. 

I guess what I’m now looking for is a mentor and guidance from someone who has wrapped a few or many properties and share similar values.

Im not looking for answers but guidance.

Let me learn from my own mistakes as you once did.

If you are interested in being a “BIG BROTHER” or have any comments I will be looking forward to them.

Alex

Profile photo of RVPRVP
    @rvp

I also am searching  for a Mentor of such, however i had found one once who tried to rip me off but i had more wit than he gave me credit for lol

Goodluck

Profile photo of alexbigalalexbigal
    Participant
    @alexbigal

Thanks for your comments RVP…

Does anyone know of any Property or Investing Clubs in Geelong or Melbourne?

I feel this is another place to share ideas/stories and find mentorship…

Anyone?

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Steve McKnight runs a professional mentoring program, why don't you give it a try.

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.