All Topics / Finance / Premium Finance. Anybody know about these guys?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Profile photo of Triumph95Triumph95
    @triumph95

put your facts up front and  answer this question
    Did you accpet or reject the offer to visit Premium finance and see the operation??
    yes or no?
    then if No how can you comment and hide behind this forum..?
    whats so hard
    something to hide  haven't

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hmmm.  No.  The answer is right here in this thread.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Triumph95

Why u r so upset about it??
    Should it be exposed to Current Affair or big publication in sydney morning herald or the Age??
    Such a ridiculous comment

Profile photo of Triumph95Triumph95
    @triumph95

I have heard of them and invited them in
    Did you?

i have a feeling this guy who runs this forum, is a property marketing guy who tries to lure Premium  clients seeking information as, every thing you read here or hear is the truth ??

Invite them in look at the offer  then report the truth
    this guy who runs this wont.
    h ejust called me a troble maker

oh "sticks and stones"  you coward.
    Im prepared to put my name and details up
    are you??????????????

Profile photo of rudra_rrudra_r
    Participant
    @rudra_r

Hi everyone,

Happened to come across the forum when I was doing a search for premium finance because I was looking for their website as they going to use my testimonial on it. I was quite surprised at all the negative comments on here because I used their services and didn't have any issues at all. Now most people on this forum will probably say I work for them and why am I posting the day I registered. Well I don't work for them and only reason I registered was because I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Also I've used this same post on another thread about Premium Finance, and thought I'd paste it here too. All the below applies though and am happy to have anyone contact me to talk about it further.

I found out about Premium Finance through my accountant who I trust and figured I had nothing to lose by seeing these people. I had previously looked at investment properties on my own and had a heap of trouble finding property and dealing with the banks. When I visited their Brisbane office I went with an open mind not expecting anything out of it. The first person we dealt with took our details and finances and passed it to another person who analysed it all to see what our borrowing power was. They explained throughout the whole process what they did and we even asked them about Westpoint because it was the first worst case scenario to come to mind. They explained what Westpoint did and how they differed. Basically they help people build wealth through investment properties, they told us they don't own any properties and simply work with real estate agents to find property which would fit the type we were looking for.

After our day with them they showed us a property and we liked what we saw and asked to put a deposit down. They didn't force us to make a decision there and weren't under any pressure. Can't remember the exact date we went to see them but the property settled end of January and we've got tenants in and haven't had any issues.

I will happily refer people to Premium Finance and no doubt there will be a few people wanting me to prove that I don't work with them so if you want to contact me just let me know and I'll give you my details. No doubt there have been some bad experiences for some people but I don't think its fair to judge a place purely based on these.

Hopefully I hear what a few of you think and have the chance to say more about my experience

Cheers
    Rudra

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Rudra

Good to hear that you had a good experience.

This entire post started when clients of mine signed a contract on a property they were selling on undertaking a valuation found that the property was significantly overpriced mainly due to the amount of commission the developer was paying Premium Finance.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @god_of_money

I luv to hear from everyone comments again.
    Rudra….Have you heard about Storm Financial services recently??
    might be Premium finance is next ???

Participant
    @qlds007

GOM no guys like PF skate just under the radar but univetably when enough people complain then likes of ASIC and the ASC take note.

Profile photo of damardamar
    @damar

Hello all.
    I found this forum after doing a google search on Premium Financial.
    My wife and have just had a meeting at home with one of their salesmen, after finally getting tired of their constant phone calls, and have been offered a trip to their Brisbane office for a " financial health check", as they call it. We were told the cost would be $197 for 2 return flights from Townsville to Brisbane, plus accomodation in Brisbane, which I find very reasonable. 
    We were never told about a $5000 dollar fee to sign up for their services. I suppose they will drop that on us after having all day to smooth us over. It is very good to have an advance warning of this. 
    I told the salesman while he was here we hade been previously burnt by a so called " financial planner ' , who turned out to be nothing more than a salesman, working only to collect the best commision possible from building companys and mortgage suppliers. He even got us to switch banks, we switched back after a couple of years when we worked out out original bank could have been giving us a better deal all along.
    I am in two minds about making the trip and spending a day with these people because it sounds like I may be heading down the same path again, only paying extra money up front, when I would be better off doing my own investigating and making my own decisions about investing.

Participant
    @qlds007

Damar

Be very careful.

As you will note from my numorous posts my clients were from N Qld and were told the same.
    When they tried to leave it was very difficult and imense pressure was placed upon them.
    The free taxi ride pick up was not available back to the airport if you didnt sign up.

I ask you nothing like standover tactics.

@damar

Thank you QLDs007.
    That may be all I need to make my decision. I do not like the thought of being stuck in the centre of Brissy and have to find my own way to the airport in time to catch a flight.
    If these guys are as good as they say, I see no reason to have to go all the way down there to see them when I can give them all the information they need from here. They can send their salesman up, why not their financial team?

Participant
    @qlds007

I ended dropping my clients back to the airport so they could fly back North.

If you want to buy here in Brissie use a local agent and do your own DD.

There are some great bargains at the moment but dont pay over the odds for something a good mortgage broker will do for free.

@damar

Thank you again QLDs007.

Participant
    @god_of_money

Damar,

Let's know the outcome of the meeting..

Profile photo of BigpondBigpond
    Participant
    @bigpond

Hi Gus.
           I've just had a cold call from Premium Finance.

Went searching and found this site.
    Thank for the posting about Premium Finance, now i am better informed.

Keep up the good work….G the Net wonderful.  

Participant
    @qlds007

No worries Bigpond.

Participant
    @rudra_r

god_of_money, yes I have heard of Storm Financial Services but the difference between them and Premium is I'm not investing in Premium Finance. There is absolutely no investing done with Premium Finance, yes there is payment of $5000 which I paid AFTER my property purchase went through. The $5000 was money well spent in my books as it made the process easier and as it is a once off payment and allows me to go back to them in the future at no cost. I plan on utilising them again this year when I purchase my second investment property.

Participant
    @god_of_money

Hei rudra
    Gud luck! Hope that you made a wise decision….

Premium finance charges premium fee A$ 5000…. and Storm financial did the same… i.e. 9% management fee ( Other managed funds charge 1% )

Premim finance sells the IP to unsuspecting buyer…often with inflated price…. welll SF did the same and buble will burst… and you will find yourself in the negative equity

Premium finance often preaches…"property price will double in 7 years"… yes you're right !!! same as SF… share market will continue to rise and unlikely to drop by 50%… in fact IT HAPPENED… the worse in the last century..

I can go on and on on…….

Wish you good luck 

Participant
    @rudra_r

Hi god_of_money,

Thanks and I believe I have made the right decision for me.

Yes I understand both Premium and Storm charged fees, however this doesn’t make them the same.

As I mentioned on another post in another topic, we got an independent valuation done before we purchased the property and it the value was higher than what we paid for it. We know what happened with West Point and this made us aware of companies such as this and as such we did the necessary checking before going into something like this.

Yes they both said that property and shares respectively would rise in value, however I think you will find the shares are more volatile than property and this isn’t something Premium told us, it is something we discovered from our own research before deciding to invest in property. Property values are going to decrease in this economic climate and we’re prepared for that to happen, however it should be noted that different areas will experience different fall levels. Where I currently live is the area in which we purchased and we have seen first hand how property prices have been affected by this economic downturn. Prices in our area have barely dropped if anything at all where as the closer we look towards the city we have seen massive drops in prices.

When I went to Premium Finance I didn’t go in blindly not knowing anything about property or the market, I had done my research for well over a year in the area I live in knowing that my first property would be in that area. I would like to thank everyone for their opinions and advice though, it’s always good to hear what other like minded people think.

Profile photo of BerlindaBerlinda
    Participant
    @berlinda

Hi there.  We have just had a meeting with the Premium Finance Services.  We are suppose to be going to Brisbane next week to hear their speel.  We are very cautious people so if anyone can comment on the last couple of years they have been with them in buying properities please comment.  We would like to hear from anyone asap as we are off to Brisbane in the middle of next week. They say that we don't have to commit to anything however there must be some money somewhere and they keep telling us that our house will not be involved and they can get the finance no problems.  So it will be interesting that's for sure. Just sounds to easy for them to do all the work while we sit back.  They said they will manage the rentals for the usual 7% just like the real estate people do so that's no surprise.  You can't expect them to work for you and take nothing for it.  Please can some one tell us how successful they have been with them!!! Cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.