All Topics / Finance / Premium Finance. Anybody know about these guys?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Profile photo of bennywbennyw
    Participant
    @bennyw

Well there seems to be a some small time finance brokers on this board. I can assure you that I am a REAL person and no, I don't work for premium finance. I have done web site work for them however. That is how I came to meet them.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending them, and yes some people may see my post as biased because I have done work on their web site. However, after making REAL capital growth from doing what they say, I am more than happy.

Some people could see other little mortgage brokers on this site as being biased as well. Putting their web site in their signature for all to see and commenting on other people's businesses. This does not seem to be very professional to me.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Grow up Benny this is the real world.

The forum is here to share information with others and for help and guidance and some times that means we get business from it. In saying this having been a member for nearly 8 years and with over 3800 posts  i think i have provided enough free information to warrant the odd private email or not requesting I arrange a clients finance.

And the comment about being a little broker well you might like to check your facts first and read abit about the background of those small brokers you are referring to.

Sure we will continue to get Benny's useful contribution to this forum but if that was his only 2 posts "oh well" them come and they go.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of thebigislethebigisle
    @thebigisle
    bennyw wrote:
    Well there seems to be a some small time finance brokers on this board. I can assure you that I am a REAL person and no, I don't work for premium finance. I have done web site work for them however. That is how I came to meet them.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending them, and yes some people may see my post as biased because I have done work on their web site. However, after making REAL capital growth from doing what they say, I am more than happy.

Some people could see other little mortgage brokers on this site as being biased as well. Putting their web site in their signature for all to see and commenting on other people's businesses. This does not seem to be very professional to me.

I think part of the point people are making is that you could still achieve the above, without paying someone $5000 for the privilege – not to mention all the other fees. They have a vested interest in the property they are recommending because they are making money out of it and are recommending lawyers they are very closely aligned with … and they want to manage your new property as well. Then there are the commissions they score for the finance. Not a lot of independent advice …. and fingers in a hell of a lot of pies!

They may not be dodgy – but they could be accused of taking advantage of less-informed investors. Guess some just see it as the lazy  – and expensive – way of investing.

Profile photo of nilson4nilson4
    @nilson4
    Qlds007 wrote:

I am with Alistair they maybe wonderful but anyone who charges upfront for a residential  mortgage brokering service linked to debt reduction is taking advantage of you.

I tell you what for half that amount I would do it through in a Financial Plan and provide you with a free email monitoring service for the first 12 months.

Seriously how can someone tell you over the phone they can save you $6500 of Tax rebates.

The quicker these tele marketing companies are out of business the better.

Hi there,

I have a few thoughts about Premium Finance. For example, the $6500 rebate mentioned probably would have been a conservative estimate of the amount of income tax Australian property investors can claim back thanks to generous government tax incentives. After all, the government can’t afford to support everyone in retirement. Having said that, it isn’t a competition between the knowledge of their accountants and yours. The advantage is in the investment options that allow you to claim the extra tax back, options that your accountant may be well aware of, but which you just don’t qualify for… yet.

It was mentioned above that this company all about creating wealth at a faster rate through property, not just as a mortgage brokering service. So I can’t quite conceive how paying $295 for flights, accommodation and a full days wages for at least one employee, all in the name of selling a property by which there’s a very good chance of making the customer a lot of money, is taking advantage of someone.

As for the telemarketing companies, you should try to look past the momentary interruption of your dinner and consider the idea that while your relaxing at home, someone is working to offer you a service at no cost that could show you how to make a lot of money. There is a reason companies don’t squander precious resources on regular forms of advertising. Most notably the fact that telemarketing allows a marketing campaign to focus on particular socio-economic targets suited for their product, i.e. Mining towns with labour oriented persons (unaware of financial strategies) plus high capital growth (unused equity) and high incomes.

By now you might have guessed that I’ve worked for companies like Premium Finance before. Being cautious is healthy and natural but you can use the ASIC website to find information regarding financial companies like this one before making any judgments.

All things said and done, if you do your homework and end up with a property, it was probably worth the hurdles and the dollars. Try to keep an open mind about you.

Jonathan

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

Nilson,

2 comments,

When I am eatting dinner @ home NO ONE has the right to interupt my meal, except for my loved ones.  I have had many meals interupted when working in the nursing industry.  It just shows how arrogant you and your companies are thinking I would be better off having one of my few luxuries (a quiet meal @ home) interupted.

The ASIC website is only good at warning people once at least one (but normally many) people have been ripped off.  These companies keep relaunching and having different front people.  Sometimes companies dont break the law when charging people many thousands more for services, just unethical.

Profile photo of pwinnepwinne
    @pwinne
    nilson4 wrote:
    Qlds007 wrote:

I am with Alistair they maybe wonderful but anyone who charges upfront for a residential  mortgage brokering service linked to debt reduction is taking advantage of you.

I tell you what for half that amount I would do it through in a Financial Plan and provide you with a free email monitoring service for the first 12 months.

Seriously how can someone tell you over the phone they can save you $6500 of Tax rebates.

Hi there, I have a few thoughts about Premium Finance. For example, the $6500 rebate mentioned probably would have been a conservative estimate of the amount of income tax Australian property investors can claim back thanks to generous government tax incentives. After all, the government can't afford to support everyone in retirement. Having said that, it isn't a competition between the knowledge of their accountants and yours. The advantage is in the investment options that allow you to claim the extra tax back, options that your accountant may be well aware of, but which you just don't qualify for… yet. It was mentioned above that this company all about creating wealth at a faster rate through property, not just as a mortgage brokering service. So I can't quite conceive how paying $295 for flights, accommodation and a full days wages for at least one employee, all in the name of selling a property by which there's a very good chance of making the customer a lot of money, is taking advantage of someone. As for the telemarketing companies, you should try to look past the momentary interruption of your dinner and consider the idea that while your relaxing at home, someone is working to offer you a service at no cost that could show you how to make a lot of money. There is a reason companies don't squander precious resources on regular forms of advertising. Most notably the fact that telemarketing allows a marketing campaign to focus on particular socio-economic targets suited for their product, i.e. Mining towns with labour oriented persons (unaware of financial strategies) plus high capital growth (unused equity) and high incomes. By now you might have guessed that I've worked for companies like Premium Finance before. Being cautious is healthy and natural but you can use the ASIC website to find information regarding financial companies like this one before making any judgments. All things said and done, if you do your homework and end up with a property, it was probably worth the hurdles and the dollars. Try to keep an open mind about you. Jonathan

so these CHARGE for ITWVs and a few tax hints?

Profile photo of lukentellukentel
    @lukentel
    @nilson4
    gibbo1 wrote:
    Nilson,

2 comments,

When I am eatting dinner @ home NO ONE has the right to interupt my meal, except for my loved ones.  I have had many meals interupted when working in the nursing industry.  It just shows how arrogant you and your companies are thinking I would be better off having one of my few luxuries (a quiet meal @ home) interupted.

The ASIC website is only good at warning people once at least one (but normally many) people have been ripped off.  These companies keep relaunching and having different front people.  Sometimes companies dont break the law when charging people many thousands more for services, just unethical.

Legally speaking, anyone has the right to interupt you with a phone call before 8pm, however annoying it may be. Besides that, yes I do think you would be better of without your dinner for 5 minutes. How many more luxuries do you think you could afford in your last 20 years if you acquire the passive income of a property portfolio before retirement. If you are lucky enough to achieve this, I doubt you will look back in anger about that “dinner incident”.

True, ASIC cannot predict the future, but my point was to do your homework before throwing any stones.

@nilson4
    gibbo1 wrote:
    Nilson,

2 comments,

Legally speaking, anyone has the right to interrupt you with a phone call before 8pm, however annoying it may be. Besides that, yes I do think you would be better of without your dinner for 5 minutes. How many more luxuries do you think you could afford in your last 20 years if you acquire the passive income of a property portfolio before retirement. If you are lucky enough to achieve this, I doubt you will look back in anger about that “dinner incident”.

Personally my mother also worked as a nurse for 35 years and now she will retire on the pension with insufficient super. If someone had bugged her for a few minutes to get the ball rolling a long time ago, I bet she’d sure appreciate it now.

True, ASIC cannot predict the future, but my point was to do your homework before throwing any stones.

@nilson4
    pwinne wrote:
    nilson4 wrote:
    Qlds007 wrote:

Hi there, I have a few thoughts about Premium Finance. For example, the $6500 rebate mentioned probably would have been a conservative estimate of the amount of income tax Australian property investors can claim back thanks to generous government tax incentives. After all, the government can't afford to support everyone in retirement. Having said that, it isn't a competition between the knowledge of their accountants and yours. The advantage is in the investment options that allow you to claim the extra tax back, options that your accountant may be well aware of, but which you just don't qualify for… yet. It was mentioned above that this company all about creating wealth at a faster rate through property, not just as a mortgage brokering service. So I can't quite conceive how paying $295 for flights, accommodation and a full days wages for at least one employee, all in the name of selling a property by which there's a very good chance of making the customer a lot of money, is taking advantage of someone. As for the telemarketing companies, you should try to look past the momentary interruption of your dinner and consider the idea that while your relaxing at home, someone is working to offer you a service at no cost that could show you how to make a lot of money. There is a reason companies don't squander precious resources on regular forms of advertising. Most notably the fact that telemarketing allows a marketing campaign to focus on particular socio-economic targets suited for their product, i.e. Mining towns with labour oriented persons (unaware of financial strategies) plus high capital growth (unused equity) and high incomes. By now you might have guessed that I've worked for companies like Premium Finance before. Being cautious is healthy and natural but you can use the ASIC website to find information regarding financial companies like this one before making any judgments. All things said and done, if you do your homework and end up with a property, it was probably worth the hurdles and the dollars. Try to keep an open mind about you. Jonathan

so these CHARGE for ITWVs and a few tax hints?

I doubt they would charge for anything until you agreed to it. Their job is to provide a service – they expect you to pay for it. If your uninterested after hearing what the company is all about then you wouldn’t have to pay anything. Companies like this provide the first consultation free because they need you to value their service before you can be expected to pay for it. They will initially tell you what services they provide in regards to your circumstances, after that it will be your decision to proceed or not.

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

First of all Nilson your are incorrect – you legally don't have the right to interupt me – I am listed on the DNC list.  Is your company one of those that like to disregard this list.  Secondly when you ring me you don't know what my current situation is with property investment.  I may have a portfolio that is already working perfectly well and enjoying a nice meal – one of my luxuries – to be interupted by a company that wont be able to offer me anything more then what i currently have.

@nilson4
    gibbo1 wrote:
    First of all Nilson your are incorrect – you legally don't have the right to interupt me – I am listed on the DNC list.  Is your company one of those that like to disregard this list.  Secondly when you ring me you don't know what my current situation is with property investment.  I may have a portfolio that is already working perfectly well and enjoying a nice meal – one of my luxuries – to be interupted by a company that wont be able to offer me anything more then what i currently have.

Of course companies don’t know your personal situation. They’re ringing to find out, how else would they know? And it’s very easy to report companies to ASIC for calling if you’re on the DNC register. Personally I wouldn’t call the DNC register list if you paid me because they tend to be the miserable ones that ruin your day. I guess it works both ways.

Profile photo of maxpammaxpam
    @maxpam

I just got a cold call from Premium Finance Brisbane office offering me information on how to use my Tax dollars to reduce my mortgage. I've read all your coments about them, and will hear it from the horses mouth. I am in Perth so they must be trying to get some business over here but the flights to melbourne sound great ha ha haI was approached by another company again with the $5000 life time fee for a home budget with all extras paying of the mortgage. That is what we do any way I can't see how we can gt a tax break??? unless my accountant doesn't know her job?
    Has anyone ever been burnt…They didn't offer information on purchasing more properties or do they just ease into it they reckon 45 min app. hope so I don't want to throw them out of the house.

Profile photo of maxpammaxpam
    @maxpam

I just read the ASIC page

ACT F 00004565DRGDPREMIUM FINANCE
    ACT F 00019037DRGDPREMIUM FINANCE
    SA 0081211JDRGDPREMIUM FINANCE
    SA 0153448MDRGDPREMIUM FINANCE
    ACN 001 411 409DRGDPREMIUM FINANCE LTD
    ACN 006 899 663SOFFPREMIUM FINANCE PTY. LTD.
    NSW BN97906940RMVDPREMIUM FINANCE COMPANY
    ACN 101 464 368REGD*PREMIUM FINANCE COMPANY PTY LTD

Does anyone know the liscnce no there isn't one registered in QLD???

Profile photo of Triumph95Triumph95
    @triumph95

well why didn't you gO? or invite them in?
    How do you make assuptions without facts??
    get truth or are you scared??

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Triumph95

Please please please tell me that you are just a troublemaker trying to stir up the forum a bit.  I would be horrified to think that someone who can't spell, uses incorrect punctuation and grammar, is rude and illogical, may be someone actually related to Premium Finance.

If you are related, all you have done is make yourself and the company look completely silly and bumped this thread to the top of the list again.

K

@linar

Triumph95

Please please please tell me that you are just a troublemaker trying to stir up the forum a bit.  I would be horrified to think that someone who can't spell, uses incorrect punctuation and grammar, is rude and illogical, may be someone actually related to Premium Finance.

If you are related, all you have done is make yourself and the company look completely silly and bumped this thread to the top of the list again.

K

@triumph95

No just answer the question , dont try to avoid the issue by denegrating a reply
    the QUESTION WAS
    DID YOU GET AN INVITATION TO EXPLORE THE PREMIUM FINANCE OPERATION AND YOU REFUSED TO GO
    THIS IS THE ISSUE?
    WAKE  UP AND BE HONEST

@linar

No I did not get an invitation.  And, as this thread has shown that people affiliated with Premium Finance are complete fools and incapable of realising the damage they are doing to their company by continuing to reignite this incredibly damaging thread, I wound not "explore the operation" even if given an invitation.

Listen.  Do you hear that? 

Dum dum dum da da da da da da dum.

That sounds to me like the death march for Premium Finance.  This is a public forum.  Anyone who googles "Premium Finance" will come across this thread.

@triumph95

get them in, Listen learn and ask??
    Isnt that the answer??

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.