All Topics / Help Needed! / your opinion please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kris07kris07
    Participant
    @kris07

Hi all!

I'm organising the renovations for my investment property which is a 2 bedroom unit. I wanted on your opinons on what to do for the bathroom – specifically whether to install a new bath tub, shower base or a hip bath?

Which one would be most beneficial while keeping mind that the toilet, shower and laundry is in the one room. Currently it has a bathtub.

Your responses would be most appreciated

Thanks!

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

2 ways of looking at it Kris, if the unit has a bath who have been your tenants?

Users: Singles/families/males or females – each have different requirements.

Families – bathtub required for bathing kids
    females – bathtub, for pampering
    Males – don't care
    Singles – bath = extra bed when drunk (oops)

Predominantly most groups will use a bath.

Economics:
    If the current bath is cast iron/metal it may be worth considering getting it reglazed – cheaper than getting a new one put in.

Is the bath/toilet/basin in the right location in the room? It will mean that you will need to undertake plumbing work including access into the unit below (possibly) – an added expense.

Can you put a shower over the existing bath and a partial shower screen to stop splashes?

Profile photo of Spiro VasSpiro Vas
    @spiro-vas

It all depends if you are getting it ready to sell or to rent out.  I say this from a sales point of view and in my experience, something that needs renovation is a blank canvas. If you were to put in a bath with a shower over it someone who's looking at the property prefers a different scenario then you've lost them. You can't please everyone and if you want a no fuss sale then thats the way to sell it. or you can go top of the range and someone will definitely appreciate quality.

Profile photo of kris07kris07
    Participant
    @kris07

Thanks for your response.

The existing bath has a shower currently which i guess can be replaced without too much hassle.  I could certainly put a shower screen on

I havent really investigated the avenue of reglazing the bath. I'll look into that.

Cheers

Profile photo of kris07kris07
    Participant
    @kris07

Spiro cas – im looking to rent it out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.