Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of newstarternewstarter
    @newstarter

Hi All

As my username states I am a new starter to the property industry, well sort of, I have worked in real estate (sales) for 1 yr but I am not a salesman, anyway I have just found this site and will have many hours looking through it!

The plan is to be a property developer, probably in the residential industry!

This year I was planning on studying a short coarse (of subject) but finding it very difficult to find an appropriate coarse on Property Development.

Could anyone recommend any studies in Melbourne (if possible)

Cheers

Profile photo of DarrylHDarrylH
    @darrylh

i too am new to this site and would like to hear if anyone has some recommendations on worthwhile/ professional courses for someone who wants more info on starting with small subdivisions and developments. i currently have an opportunity on the northern end of the GC that we have got some consultants doing a prelim feasibility on.

Newstarter apart from the obvious great info and seminars offered by Steve (this website) i have recently looked at doing the first 2 UDIA courses.  I have also considered doing a Bond Uni postgrad in Urban Planning and develpment but that i feel is gettin a bit carried away!!!

Anyone done or know of anyone who has done a course that could help us on our way?

Cheers, Darryl.

Profile photo of Rainmaker2000Rainmaker2000
    @rainmaker2000

I'm getting the impression cash is an issue too being a new starter………..I would forget the courses which may be more on the 'get rich quick' slant and I would instead 'create your own' course………..seek out some superb books on the matter and make it a routine to go to library like a course and read, take notes., read, take notes……….what will be your value add, what will be your niche………..maybe seek out information from publically listed companies whose announcements and accounts are all available……..for example, I follow a small property developer/owner named Thakral who made their most profitable niche, buying small scale commercial properties and getting da approval for units above……they call it building on free land

Also seek out a 'mentor' on this website………you would be surprised people who are already set up may wish to share some time to pass on the gold…….

http://therainmaker.net.au
    Small Stock Investing

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I've done the Property Investing course through TAFE and highly recommend it.  It's not a short course though – one Sunday in three going for 8 months.

It gives an excellent overview of all aspects of investing from building inspections to finance to renovating and development.

Cheers

K

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.