All Topics / Value Adding / What is the difference between subdivision and strata subdivision?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of TourMalineTourMaline
    @tourmaline

The title explains the question I supppose- I haven't found any info on the net to explain the difference.

Thanks alot,

TM.

Profile photo of AnrobelAnrobel
    Participant
    @anrobel

Hi TourMaline

My understanding is that one has common property and one doesn't, in WA a Survey strata or green title subdivision doesn't have any common property ie a shared driveway, while a strata subdivison has common property  ….. I think ….. I'm sure some of the very knowledgeable investors on this site will correct me if i have messed it up

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Torrens Titled subdivision gives you unfettered rights regards to the property ie no one else has a say about what you can do (except for anyone benefitting from an easement). Strata subdivision allows the subdivision of stratum (vertically as well as horizontally on a block) this also creates shared rights by way of common property. Strata is the most commonly used form for the subdivision of units & townhouses (multiple dwellings).

Profile photo of TourMalineTourMaline
    @tourmaline

Thanks so much for your replies :).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.