All Topics / Help Needed! / Only 14 y/o. Where do i start????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of keankean
    @kean

I am 14 years old and i would like to know how to invest in property

Profile photo of RockianRockian
    @rockian
    kean wrote:
    I am 14 years old and i would like to know how to invest in property

You have already started Kean by joining the forum and asking for advice! Well done. I guess a good start would be to begin saving for a deposit. You have a few years to save up before you can legally own a property in your own name. I think some of the others on this forum will give you some other advice. I am not sure if it is possible to have any ownership at your age in a Trust structure. Maybe someone else can provide this information.

Good luck, Ian

Profile photo of prusliprusli
    @prusli

Well done Kean, I wish I had the same courage when I was 14.  You can start by reading investing books free from library and ask specific question(s) to this forum while saving for a deposit.

Profile photo of MaikulJayMaikulJay
    @maikuljay

Unfortunately it may seem slow and boring but saving for the deposit as said really is the first step.. i am still in this step now and i am 22.

Like yourself i am keen to enter the market but in order to secure a loan you must be (at least) 18 and (not always but usually) have 5-10% deposit depending on whom you are getting the loan from.

May i make 2 suggestions. Begin to put money away each week… given your 14 and you may not be employed the amount does not have to be much but build a routine, it will help later.. place it into an account offering 5-6% interest and see the money grow!

Secondly Do not fall into the trap of credit cards and debt. This will only slow you down. My car died last year and forced me to take out a mighty loan combined with my credit card debt accrued in Europe (altho worth it) will hinder my chances of achieving a loan from most banks. I am going to have to show them more savings.

But Congrads to you, you may just be the next Warren Buffet!

Profile photo of keankean
    @kean

Thanks for the help i will try and  save as much as i can

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! You might be our youngest member… well done!

Some additional thoughts for you:

1. Play Kiyosaki's games: Cashflow & Cashflow For Kids

2. Read investment and money related books – become a regular at your local library. Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad and Clason's Richest Man In Babylon are a great places to start.

3. Start understanding how money works, and the best way to do this is to get a part-time job and gain an appreciation of how hard it is to get ahead by working. That way you'll become hungry for what investing can do for you.

4. If you want to come to seminars, write to those running them explaining your age, enthusiasm and situation. You might be able to swing a free or cheap ticket. It's worth a try.

5. Keep asking questions! It's the best way to learn.

All the best,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.