All Topics / Finance / Selling house but went to keep fmy fixed intrest loan, ideas?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of McNormanMcNorman
    Participant
    @mcnorman

Selling 3 houses with for approx 230k profit after expences and tax,

the loans are – 130k variable intrest
                          700k fixed @ 7% for another 6 years

I will pay out the variable portion

but want to keep the 700k fixed at call somhow, for when in my veiw
    the bargains start to come back into the market next year

is there a special account that i can use to put this money in to break even and still be able to pay the weekly payments?

I am with the NAB btw

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

See the bank for what deal they can do for you ie at what price are they willing to buy back the fixed 7% loan? ie how much will the bank pay you to close a cheap loan?

Profile photo of McNormanMcNorman
    Participant
    @mcnorman

thanx scott, ill giv it a go
    if not ill keep as much as my income can afford
    and try find a high intrest saver account to put it in

Profile photo of cruzinbudcruzinbud
    Participant
    @cruzinbud

I think you may be able to ask for a transfer of security into a savings account, that way keeping the low rate and only paying the difference between what you can get from a savings account (or similar product) and the 7%. Not sure though, but worth an ask.

Good luck:)

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Yup, you can use the funds in a term deposit sometimes as security no drama, although I must confess I am not sure how many do it for a fixed IR loan. more importantly, you should get some insurance NOW if that is you on the bike……..

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hate to say i think you have little chance in doing a security swap with a fixed rate from property to a term deposit account especially if it is over a week or two.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AnrobelAnrobel
    Participant
    @anrobel

Hi Guys …. this post got me thinking – if i were to sell a property with a fixed rate loan which is crossed secured with another propery could i pay down the variable loan on the other property with the proceeds and keep the fixed loan, there is plenty of equity to secure the loan? Seems like a long shot as it would all be in my favour???!!!  I'm with Colonial if that makes any diff.

Cheers

Profile photo of FireflyFirefly
    Participant
    @kiz

Anrobel, i recently discussed this with my broker and he said as long as you have a 2nd property to secure the LOC against then it isn't a problem. Haven't had first hand experience myself though so i'm not 100% sure of the finer details. Definately worth a shot though :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.