All Topics / Help Needed! / offer ptior to auction

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of glen.dglen.d
    @glen.d

Hello out there

I have made an offer on my first investment property prior to auction which has not been taken up by the owners. I offered i believe a fair price but they want to go to action for that instant sale , no conditions attached (subject to finance ect ). I made my offer site unseen on condition of finance "no problem pre approved" and building and pest report.
                       The property is a deceased estate and in the hands of the family, is there any thing i can do to sweeten the deal without increasing my offer.
                       The property goes to auction on Saturday.

many thanks in advance 

Glen

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi Glen

I would think not.  If your offer has been rejected without a counter offer just prior to auction, I would seem that the vendors have their hearts set on going to auction.

As a last ditch attempt though, your three conditions are building, pest and finance. You could try removing any or all of the conditions (if you are game).

Cheers

K

Profile photo of xpine73xpine73
    @xpine73

Remove finace condition and offer them a sooner settlement date, if they like.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

They, as the bereaved, are out to maximise their inheritance. Going to auction is the fairest way (to them) to achieve the best price on the day.  Taking an offer prior to the auction is not in their best interests. If it fails to sell at auction, make sure that you are the underbidder to ensure you can negotiate a sale on the day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.