All Topics / Help Needed! / Just bought my first place!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

G'day guys!

First of all I want to thank the members of this forum, as it was here almost 5 years ago where I first got my real passion for property. I have only just turned 22, I was hoping to be in the market before this but wasn't in the right position.

Well after years of reading forums, attending seminars, reading books, surveying the market, getting finances in order my mate and I finally bought our first investment property :D Settlement is on the 14th of March and I can't wait to get it.

The main reason for this post is I need some recommendations on plants. We are re-doing the landscape of this house as it is really non-existent at the moment. We are after good looking but hardy low maintenance plants as the house will be tenanted. The house is located on the Gold Coast.

Any help you guys can offer would be of great appreciation.

Many thanks again,

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Nobody has any idea on plants?

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

Hi Matt, Congratulations to you and your friend for making the purchase! Good luck with it, I believe the gold coast will be a good investment – hang on to it for the long term. I only wish i had made more than just a home purchase at your age!!
    As far as plants go – speak to the council for the area. They will be able to provide you with a list of plants that are native to the area and hopefully even have a community nursery where you can pick up seedlings for next to nothing. The best thing about this is that you know that any plant native to an area with thrive well under the local conditions.  I have done this recently in my own garden with great success. Another point is to look down your street and around the area for plants you like that seem to be growing well, take some photos (if the owners dont mind) and then take to your local nursery so they can identify them. If you can get chatting to some local retirees with nice gardens, you will find they are most happy to help you and have a lifetime of knowledge about garden.
    You might also find more info under the value adding forum if you do a search.
    cheers
    Tracy

Profile photo of keydefenderkeydefender
    @keydefender

Matt, Older people are the best to talk to. Perhaps if you do not have a tennant yet it might be best to seek one with an interest in gardens. I did this and the tennant ended up making my IP look better than when I brought it. As they took ownership of the garden becuase they could share their knowledge with me and watch it grow.

good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.