All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Tenancy Application – PM won’t provide details to landlord

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of bendbanksbendbanks
    Participant
    @bendbanks

okay 1st thing 1st from technical point of view the agent/pm has a duty of care to both parties (landlord/tenant), 2nd thing is that almost every agent I deal with (over 3500) has a privacy agreement that they supply to tenants when they submit there application form (link is to a sample privacy statement for personal reference if you wish) which informs the tenant that they may be sharing the information with landlord and a tenancy reporting agency. In short you have the right to view the tenancy application form if you wish, same as you have the right to search the tenant on tenancy database (not a credit check report). Your agent is incorrect and really just wasting time.

Link to privacy statement (www.barclaymis.com.au/pdf/PrivacyPolicy.rtf) 1st page about 2nd last paragraph if memory serves me right

Profile photo of DaedalusDaedalus
    @daedalus

Thanks Bendbanks and Linar for these views.

This makes sense to me. Ben, I've sent a personal message re the services your company provides.

Thank you all for a stimulating discussion!

Daedalus.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.