All Topics / Value Adding / INTERSTATE RENO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of fingerscrossedfingerscrossed
    Participant
    @fingerscrossed
    Hi all

I own a 3 bedroom brick and tile property in Boulder/Kalgoorlie WA.

I live in Victoria !!!

I need to get a complete coat of paint on the inside of this house. Also needs new carpet and new curtains.

This basic reno should increase the value of my house significantly before i put it on the market.

Does anyone know anyone that they would recommend to do the job ????

It is impossible for me to go there myself and I was thinking that maybe I could ask the selling agent to get me some quotes. Is this ethical ??

What would you do ????

Thanks in advance

Fingerscrossed

Profile photo of VStarVStar
    Participant
    @vstar

Hi,
    I would suggest going through Yellow Pages and calling up numerous trades people and get a "feel" for them over the phone  – that is ask alot of questions and see how they respond – that is do they have any care factor?

Is the property currently rented? Because if it is – you can perhaps ask the Property Manager to oversee the renovations (rather than the agent).

If the renovations are over $10k – well – you really need to consider – would you trust someone else with $10K???

Are you selling for an investor or "home buyer". If your target market is an investor you can just paint the outside and then the "investor" can still see the potential with the house and they can finish the rest on the inside?

Also – with the tradespeople you may want to split up the jobs to different people so you're not all the cash is given to the one person/company

Anything's possible !!!

Profile photo of Tim BassTim Bass
    @tim-bass

Hey there fingerscrossed,
    I've got a unit there too and i'm in Brisbane. Anyway i have the 2007 Goldfields local find here if you don't have one yourself. Heres a few numbers,

PAINTING CONTRACTORS; A1 kooy 0409 844 221, Active 0418 914 543, B Hooper 0408 934 181, Booys 0417 180 857, Centenary 0418 935 521, Emerson 9021 3023, savcor finn 0407 843 08, TP 0438 956 343.

CARPETS; Boulder rug shop 9093 4020, Curtain villa carpets 9021 7838, Pat kennedy carpet choice 9021 4741, Solomans 9021 5747.

I don't know anyone of these personally, just the local phone book listings.

Good luck, Tim Bass.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.