All Topics / Value Adding / Transportable Housing???? Thoughts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of microsmicros
    @micros

Hi,
    Have just sub divided some land at south hedland and am looking to put a transportable 5 bedroom house on the site.
    The cost is approx $220k del to the site including the concrete slab. Major prob is waiting time of 12 months anyone know any good compaines or suggestions about the transportable homes?

Profile photo of danmichwilliamsdanmichwilliams
    @danmichwilliams

Have you asked a builder what they can do it for?
    How about a large building company?
    As a tradesmen i have seen a few of these houses and they aren't of the best quality.Expect them to go down hill after 10 years [ the outlaws own one of these homes].They are built for affordability,and very quickly.I think the 12 month wait is in the instalation time,not the building time.
    Hope it all goes well.

Profile photo of microsmicros
    @micros

1st it's extremely hard to find a builder that is available for the next 12-18 months.
    That is why i started to look at the option of a transportable house.. A sprkie and a plumber will be required but thats it for around a week each.
    The quote from the builder is also around the 400k mark!

Profile photo of microsmicros
    @micros

yeah $420k so the profitability will be completely different.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Any other mobs like prebuilt able to supply to the area?

Profile photo of imported_DEANNAimported_DEANNA
    @deanna

Hi,

I actually manufature transportable housing and can bring a home into South Hedland ( or anywhere in Australia), council permittting within 4 months.  I can also do it for around the same price or take your project to a full-turnkey soultion that includes  driveways, landscaping, decking etc.  Contact me on 0407 523 732 for further information.

Regards

Deanna Wittey
    CEO
    Tela Homes Pty LTD
    http://www.telahomes.com

Profile photo of Don69Don69
    @don69

Hi mate,
    I've recently had a few dealings with a company in Perth called Kimberley Builders and Trans homes. They do a set design or custom. The first time I walked through one of their houses I was quite shocked of the quality. They are built complete concrete pad and all. I strongly recommend you at least have a look. By the way I have absolutely nothing to do with the company other than cleaning a few of the houses before transport.
    I think they do have a website and I'd imagine it to be  http://www.kimberleybuilders.com.au  . Good luck and I hope this helps you.
    CHEERS

Profile photo of Don69Don69
    @don69

Hi again,
    Just had a look at the site myself and I sugest you go to http://www.transhomes.com.au 
    CHEERS

Profile photo of RVPRVP
    @rvp

I can never find prices on transportable homes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.