All Topics / Help Needed! / Help – Should I sign?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1
    HELP Can someone please advise me. Do I have to sign the quotation forms to hire the companies to do work on my house?  I have never had to sign quotes in the past for larger jobs on my house but this time the companies want me to sign.   If the work changes to be less than that quoted for  – will that mean I still pay the quoted amount on the quote form?   

I have been obtaining quotes for a fair bit of work (on my house) valued at around $10 – $12K.   Two companies have told me I must sign and date their Quotation forms before they will commence work. 

Do I have to sign?   If they don't do the work as agreed can I withhold payments.

Hoping someone can assist me with the technicality of the legals involved.  Many thanks in anticipation.

(I put this in another topic area on this site but did not get any responses so hoping someone here can help me)

JULES1
    Email Me

Profile photo of JLJL
    @jl

Jules,
    I would say that the company's you are refering too have been burnt in the past by people either not paying, or saying their quote was a lesser price.  I would just ask them why they require this and if it is reasonable then sign.  I would also ensure that the quotes are detailed about the quality of fittings, labour times etc.  This way there is no misunderstanding about what you are agreeing to pay for.
    JL

Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1

Thanks for your comments JL
    It seems to be the same with all roofing companies.  I have never struck it before with other trades. But I have obtained quotes from a few roofing companies and they are all the same.   What I was worried about was signing and then not being able to withhold any payments if they don't do the job as they should or if they don;t finish the job.

Anyway I appreciate your comment
    Jules

JULES1
    Email Me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.