All Topics / Heads Up! / Work in Gladstone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jtattersalljtattersall
    @jtattersall

I have been travelling around Australia with my partner.  I am very interested in getting work in the mines or in a mining company as we have a goal to work really hard over the next three to four years before starting a family. We are currently in Gladstone, I am prepared to be trained or be told to get training in any area and fine to have any drug tests been taken. My partner is a licensed Carpenter and has registering interest for work at Yarwun 2 alumina refinery expansion project . 

I don’t have a trade or any experience in the mines, can anyone help me in getting a job?

Profile photo of McNormanMcNorman
    Participant
    @mcnorman

over the next few years theres supposed to be something like 10,000 new jobs in construction alone there,

if you register with people recourcing, axial etc you should get a job in no time

Profile photo of tammytammy
    @tammy

Hi McNorman,

Out of curiosity, where was the source of the jobs info?

Cheers

T

Profile photo of McNormanMcNorman
    Participant
    @mcnorman

company announcements + newspapers, from recollection i think its 2500 workers at rio expansion, 2500 for the nickel plant, 3000 at the coal port expansion and another 5 or so for the 2 LNG plants all peak work forces of course

My bro runs a motel there in G town, rio asked to book out every room for a year haha

Profile photo of jtattersalljtattersall
    @jtattersall

Thanks McNorman,
    your help is very appreciated.

Profile photo of unrealcashflowunrealcashflow
    @unrealcashflow

i live in Exmouth WA – stopped in on my way around aus and fell in love with the Ningaloo Reef :)

there is a lot of work on the mines over here; Karratha, Parrabudoo way; i tihnk the best way is going to the job agencies (other than word of mouth as that is usually the easiest way) a friend of mine in the game suggested that to me when i was considering it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.