All Topics / Help Needed! / Writen offer for property in SA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of SarahWilsonSarahWilson
    @sarahwilson

I want to put in an offer on a house in SA and am doing it privately. Where can I best get this letter organised? –

Profile photo of dynodyno
    @dyno

Hi Sarah,

when purchasing a house you'll need to involve a conveyancer for the property transfer. A good conveyancer will be able to assist you in writing a letter of offer up; alternatively you could write one up yourself or make an offer verbally.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Sarah, a little more information please? Are you dealing directly with the owner or through an agent? & is the house on the market?

The offer letter: best done at your desk, but seriously, the letter should comprise the essential conditions: ie Your name & address (typical letter fashion), Addressee (dear Sir/madam etc), property address.

Offer:   $X,XXX,XXX.00

Conditions:
    Deposit
    Settlement period:
    Cooling off period (waiver if required)
    Subject to written confirmation of finance approval being recieved by:
    Subject to satisfactory pest and building inspection reports being recieved by:
    Etc

This offer will terminate if there has been no acceptance and exchange of signed contracts by 17.00 on Friday XX Feb 200X

Please direct all queries to myself on 618 81XX XXXX

Regards

SW

I hope this helps – feel free to add or change your conditions of offer to suit the property/deal.

SNM

Profile photo of SarahWilsonSarahWilson
    @sarahwilson

tahanks Rob and Scott…
    We're dealing directly with the owner and the house isn't on the market – so that's where I want to tread carefully – that and I'm new to all this.  
    I'm leaning towards making the offer and then once it's accepted heading off to the conveyancer.

s

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If there is a contract for perusal, it will pay to flick that past the conveyancer BEFORE you submit an offer. Depending upon what you have offered, the conveyancer may have to sign the waiver of the cooling off period or carry out some of the searches beforehand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.