All Topics / General Property / What do I have to do?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lovelyjvlovelyjv
    @lovelyjv

Hi Everyone,

I bought a property sometime last December 2007 settlement by June 2008 for $145K with $5K rebate if I settle on time. My problem occured when my serviceability is not up to the loan amount, I spoke to the agent that I can't continue with the deal, but he told me that the land i was buying is now worht $153K and i checked the price on their phase 3 development and it is really the truth. I already made a propfit of $8k + $5k rebate = $13k.

He told me that if I surrender the property I will lose the capital growth. Can I sell it to someone else at $153k? If I can how do I go about it? Will i lose the rebate if I sell it to someone else?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

How many banks did you apply for the loan with ?
    Banks differ in their calculations of serviceability
    Also find the loan amount you can service from the lenders because you may be able to take out a small loan from another source
    (family, friend, ect)   to make up the short fall.

Profile photo of dynodyno
    @dyno

Have you got someone who can go guarantor for your income to prop up your serviceability. this way you can secure the property.

regards,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.