Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of umeume
    @ume

hi, i jsut want to double check this. would i still be entitled to first home buyer grant if i bought an ip through a trust structure, me being the trustee aswell as the beneficiaries?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes as long as you have never purchased a PPOR previously.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

What state do you want to buy in?

Profile photo of umeume
    @ume
    @linar

Hi ume

I have just had a look on the NSW FHOG website and looked at the application form.  It states quite clearly that applicants must "be a natural person (ie not applying as a company or trust), at least 18 years of age and whose interest in the property is not held subject to a trust".

To my mind, that makes it quite clear that you cannot use the FHOG if you are buying in a trust, despite the fact that you are the beneficiary.

I haven't looked at the legislation behind the application form but given that it is the second criteria, I would think that the legislation would also state the same quite clearly.

Cheers

K

@linar

Hi again

I have just had a look at the legislation, "The First Home Owner Grant Act 2000" of NSW.  Section 8 states very plainly that the applicant must be a natural person. 

A trust is not a natural person.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of umeume
    @ume

sorry linar, i meant, would i be entitled to fhog when i purchase my principal home in the future if i buy an IP now through a trust.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.