All Topics / Help Needed! / how to manage well the IP in Melbourne?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of henry13aucklandhenry13auckland
    @henry13auckland

Hi, guys: I am at auckland and I got an IP in sunshine west of melbourne. I let BarryPlant manage it for me while I purchase it last year.

While it took one month to find a tenant last year, quite some rental is deducted for letting fee,mowing,installing a lock for garage and cleaning inside before tenant moving in. Now the renal is overdue for 3 weeks even I chase the property manager often. I was heard that in OZ you are not allowed to arrange direct debit with tenant for rental payment.

The property manager said he would contact the tenant again who is truck driver. If not, he will serve a note asking him evacate. The lease is one-year fixed term. Then I wanted the tenant's contact no to find what is going on. The property manager said he need get tenant permission first due to privacy act. He warned that I need solve day-day problems if we know each other's contact information. He also mentioned the power in garage is not working and need electrician.

Any suggestion for what I shall do? Any website to get residential renting in OZ?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    Profile photo of henry13aucklandhenry13auckland
    @henry13auckland

Thanks, Scott No Mates:

Do you know good property manager in West Melbourne? I suspect whether the property manager working at BarryPlant really want to do his job well: he charge one week' rent from landlord and probably from tenant as well. he charge 6-7% rental for managing it. I felt it could be better for him to change tenant frequently.

The present tenant rented another propety in the same street and have good reference from landlord according to him.He need change because the landlord moved back after selling their own house.  I could not understand why the tenant did not pay the rent so soon.—

Anybody got similar experience before or contribute ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.