All Topics / Help Needed! / New Investor – solicitor advice?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of lucky88lucky88
    Participant
    @lucky88

Hdy all

I am just about to take the plunge on a block of land in north western Sydney which I intend to build on then rent out. Does anyone know of any good solicitors to handle the buying of the land for me? I live in the Hornsby area, and the last solicitor I used was to buy my current home and she seemed pretty dodgy. I want to make sure I have someone who will examine all the paperwork thoroughly so there are no nasty surprises.

Appreciate any tips here!

Thanks

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Consider using a local solicitor who deals mainly in the area eg someone based in Kellyville/Castle Hill/Norwest as they will know the area fairly well and be well acquainted with any proposals that may be under consideration. You may raise the question with them to confirm how active they are in the area that you are buying and if there is anything that needs consideration.

Most will review your contract of sale document prior to you making an offer as part of their service – this will simplify things and give you additional information to query.

Profile photo of lucky88lucky88
    Participant
    @lucky88
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    Consider using a local solicitor who deals mainly in the area eg someone based in Kellyville/Castle Hill/Norwest as they will know the area fairly well and be well acquainted with any proposals that may be under consideration. You may raise the question with them to confirm how active they are in the area that you are buying and if there is anything that needs consideration.

Most will review your contract of sale document prior to you making an offer as part of their service – this will simplify things and give you additional information to query.

Hi Scott

Thanks for the advice. You seem to know the area well. You don't know of anyone specific you could recommend…?

Lucky

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

A couple that you might grill:

http://www.abbotttout.com.au/driver.asp (seems to be a more commercially minded legal firm/multi-site/states)
    http://www.conveyancingavenue.com.au/  (conveyancer)

Profile photo of lucky88lucky88
    Participant
    @lucky88

Great!

Thanks for that Scott. I will do some foraging!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.