All Topics / Help Needed! / NEED A GOOD PROPERTY MANAGER IN GOLD COAST!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of BelzgirlBelzgirl
    Participant
    @belzgirl

Hi there!!

Basically to cut a long story short we bought our first IP in October last year, decided to keep the tenants in there and stay with the property managers that the previous owners used…

Situation now is that the tenants haven't paid their rent for 3 weeks (was told that they are frequently behind in rent payments but payments always managed to be in our account on time, this is the first time that we actually haven't been paid AT ALL)… anyhow just got told today by the property managers (after me enquiring to them where the rent was!!) that the tenants are behind – duh! you don't say!  that they were issued a notice to remedy breach which expired and so now they want to know if we want to issue a notice to leave!!  Geez why tell us now, after I had to enquire!!!

Anyway im keen to find new property managers as i just don't think the current ones seem very pro-active with regards to our property….  and if it takes me to contact them to find out things like this then im definately not impressed, i would expect that they inform me of this straight away???  Am i asking for too much???

So does anyone know any "recommendable" property managers in the Gold Coast??  Our property is in Pacific Pines…   As this is our first I.P I wouldnt' even know where to look to find a good one so im hoping someone out there has a really good real estate/property manager that they use….  as on our agreement with the agent we have to give 90 days notice if we want to change property managers id be really keen to find out asap if anyone knows any brilliant ones!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

And also do you reckon i just get rid of the tenants and find new ones or keep giving them chances???   

Profile photo of shaun0011shaun0011
    @shaun0011

Get rid of them ! plenty more people out there looking to rent..

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

A local management firm to Pac Pines is Guardian Property & Assett Management in Helensvale. Tel: (07) 5500 0245. I  have been with them for nearly three years and despite some poor initial tenant choices (for which we the owners need to take responsibility) they handled all eviction notices and  tribunal matters with ease. All is well now. I am from Melbourne and I find it comforting to have them manage my IP in Mudgeeraba.

As for the current tenants, with frequent breaches of their obligations (as you mention), you have grounds to remove them.

Cheers

Michael

Profile photo of scottyMattscottyMatt
    Participant
    @scottymatt

I have used AIPM at Nerang with 2 properties I had at Pac Pines and I found them quite good.

Scott

Profile photo of BeastBeast
    Participant
    @beast

I recently signed up to these people and are very happy with them so far.

http://libertyestateagents.com.au/

Profile photo of mrdenn1smrdenn1s
    @mrdenn1s

Try Loiuse Vale at CBBR
    0448 047 365
    [email protected]

Profile photo of BelzgirlBelzgirl
    Participant
    @belzgirl

Thank you everyone for your comments and recommendations so far… really appreciate that.

Now my next question is…..  does anyone know if there is or can give me some idea (ie: template) as to how to write the "termination property management" letter???  Im a bit stuck and am not sure what to say or where to start with that one…  Thanks.

Profile photo of BelzgirlBelzgirl
    Participant
    @belzgirl

Sorry me again!!!!  Also does anyone know how the whole 90 days notice thing works???  Obviously once i have found a new agency that i want to go with i let them know but do they have to wait until the 90 days is up to???  Do i let the old agency know who the new agents will be? or do the new agents just take over and do the whole thing on our behalf???  Very new and confusing to me!!! argh!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.