All Topics / General Property / Dogey property managers in Cairns

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of shaun0011shaun0011
    @shaun0011

Hi everyone
    Just want to give a bit of a warning to anybody looking for a property manager in the Cairns region.
    Iam currently dealing with RAY WHITE ON MULGRAVE and it would have to be one the worst run management companies in Cairns .
    some examples are
    Ive had my investment unit with them for 6 months and have had 5 different property managers
    rent is always falling in Arrears
    rental inspection only done after i complained and all round bad service .
    so if you want to save yourself some heartache I i would stay away from this company

Profile photo of asset71asset71
    Participant
    @asset71

Hi Shaun0011,

I have a rental property in Cairns, and have found Romano Real Estate to be excellent.  Jenny in the rental property section has been fanastic, never any arrears, regular property inspections, and she is quick to sort out any problems before they escalate.
    I had heard some bad stories about Ray White on Mulgrave also, and not just in the property management side of things.

Hope you get this sorted out.  

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

I have been highly recommended to Martin Docherty  Real Estate in Cairns by other people that use them, I have changed over to them starting from today after not being happy with Les Freeman RE in Cairns.
    Hopefully you can cancel your management agreement in 30 days and start a new with a better company.
    Tracy

Profile photo of TheCairnsInvestorTheCairnsInvestor
    @thecairnsinvestor
    shaun0011 wrote:
    Hi everyone
    Just want to give a bit of a warning to anybody looking for a property manager in the Cairns region.
    Iam currently dealing with RAY WHITE ON MULGRAVE and it would have to be one the worst run management companies in Cairns .
    some examples are
    Ive had my investment unit with them for 6 months and have had 5 different property managers
    rent is always falling in Arrears
    rental inspection only done after i complained and all round bad service .
    so if you want to save yourself some heartache I i would stay away from this company

Hi Shaun,

I live in Cairns so I know a bit about this business. Initially I had my IPs with North QLD Property Management; however late last year, they sold out to Ray White On Mulgrave – the previous PM was hopeless & when it got transferred over it didn't get much better. I have my IPs now with L.J. Hooker Cairns South – Terri Hill & very happy now!

Cairns Investor

Profile photo of AnrobelAnrobel
    Participant
    @anrobel

Hi Everyone,

We have been persevering with PRD Edge Hill for the last couple of years but they seem to be going from bad to worse! The IP is less than 100m from their office yet they can't manage inspections without being prompted (2 months after they are due) and after inspecting it in late '06 i doubt half those inspections where actually carried out anyway! There were 'pot' plants on the roof – right above the gutter that we had to fix after the tenants used it to climb onto the roof to water their plants! Our pool man informed us that the tenant on the lease had moved out over a year ago and 4 of his footy mates were living there. Although the latest report is that the people who are living there now are good … don't know who they are… but apparently they're good! – thank god for the pool man!!!
    We have quotes for repairs that we requested be done (by their in house handyman – the only quote they can ever manage!) 6 months ago – door locks and the like which effect the tenants quite substantially. We tell them again and again if it is safety related just fix it …..
    but the rent keeps coming in and at the moment we are concentrating on building and don't need the hassle of vacancies/costs while we clean up the mess the tenants have made, (lucky for PRD we are interstate or we would have flicked them at the first chance) …. so PRD will get our money for a little longer and then we shall look into some of the agencies recommended above.
    Thanks for the recommendations sorry for the whinge … but i do feel better now!

Profile photo of shaun0011shaun0011
    @shaun0011

Hi everyone

I have now transferred out of Ray white on Mulgrave thank god and Iam now with a company called CEC property .
    So far I have been very happy with the service and communication provided by this company and another bonus is
    the total management fee is 7.15% incl gst and postage and petties is $8.80 per month. This is a 6 month special
    although if you have more than 1 property you might be able to keep this rate permanently . That's not a bad rate for around Cairns .
    P.S the heading should be Dodgey property managers in Cairns

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck
    Hi all,
    For someone who lives in Cairns I can say there are good property managers and there are some shockers located in the Cairns area. I live on the northern beaches and work in Edge Hill and must say I've heard and experienced some bad stories and some good ones, however, Cairns is no different to any other city, regional centre, town or village of Australia or the world.
    Anyone who has property must be on top of there investment. If you are having the slightest problem you must get on the phone/visit and find a solution to the problem. Shaun0011, after the 2nd change of property manager you should of smelt a rat and immediately took action.
    Anrobel, I personally don't know anyone PRD Edge Hill agency, but I'm a Justice of the Peace in Queensland and constantly hear bad comments about PRD Edge Hill agency through the public dissatisfaction, mostly aimed at the level of ethics and professionalism, so I would recommend you constantly monitor your PI and the level of service closely.
    All the best.
    GeoffB
    Profile photo of nevillegnevilleg
    @nevilleg

Geoff,

Do you, or anybody reading this post,  know anything about Ray White Cairns Beaches? I am about to settle on an IP in Clifton Beach and they have been recommended to me (by the company from which I bought the IP). Any feedback appreciated..
    Regards,
       Neville

Profile photo of stimesfivestimesfive
    @stimesfive

I am about to leap off the cliff and into property in Cairns. I would be pleased to hear if anyone has up to date info about good PMs in Cairns.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.