All Topics / Help Needed! / Getting the right advice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of brettc4brettc4
    Participant
    @brettc4

Hi All.

I live in Adelaide, own my own home worth about $300,000. My wife and I have combined income of $100,000.
    I am interested in creating an Property Investment Portfolio over a number of years and want to know who, or what sort of companies I should contact to get good advice regarding:

The right way to structure the portfolio
    How much debt I can service
    How to use the equity in my home to faciltate the process
    How to build my portfolio but also but a new PPOR in the next couple of years (preferrably keeping my existing house).

Does anyone have any good people/companies that they have used to help make the first step with financial data to help back their claims.

Cheers.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Brett

A good mortgage broker will be able to do this for you for nothing for you asit is part of their service.

Make sure you find one who is experienced in Trust & loan structures as when you buy a new PPOR the interest on the loan will not normally be tax deductible. If the existing property is sold to a Trust structure then there are ways around this.

On your sorts of combined incomes a nice portfolio should easily be achieveable.

Let us know if you need any advice.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Mogul1975_2Mogul1975_2
    @mogul1975_2

My suggestion is Bill Fitzpatricks Master FREE real estate course. http://www.success.org. Just because its free doesn't make it worth any less. In fact this guy has actually made his money from real estate investing and not by selling books and seminars telling you how to make money from investing in real estate. 

Profile photo of NadsyNNadsyN
    @nadsyn

Hi Brett,

Just recently joined this site. I don't know much about how this forum works. I started out using a standard broker from a big company and unfortunately they didn't do a lot for me in terms of showing me the best way to strucutre my portfolio or other ways to use my equity, or in reviewing my whole scenario and giving me a couple of options. Fortunately I have since found a financial advisor who was able to do all those things, I've kept my existing home and also purchased 3 properties in the last 5 years.

I'm not sure how  passing details about companies works, if you like just email me at [email protected] and I can pass on his details.

Nada

@nadsyn

Hi Brett,

Just recently joined this site. I don't know much about how this forum works. I started out using a standard broker from a big company and unfortunately they didn't do a lot for me in terms of showing me the best way to strucutre my portfolio or other ways to use my equity, or in reviewing my whole scenario and giving me a couple of options. Fortunately I have since found a financial advisor who was able to do all those things, I've kept my existing home and also purchased 3 properties in the last 5 years.

I'm not sure how  passing details about companies works, if you like just email me at [email protected] and I can pass on his details.

Nada

@nadsyn

Hi Brett,

Nada

Profile photo of bigmagillabigmagilla
    Participant
    @bigmagilla

… find yourself a good quality lender, preferably a sound mortgage manager with a 4-5 star Cannex rating on their loan protfolio's. They will give you everything you need… stay away from brokers and banks… unless the bank has a 4-5 star Cannex rating of course… dont get talked into something useless and usually tied into the jargon or lingo broker rubbish going around.

Profile photo of brettc4brettc4
    Participant
    @brettc4

Thanks for the responses people.  It has given me a number of avenues to persue.

Cheers,
    Brett

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.