All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Self Managed Super & Property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SwanySwany
    @swany

Hi all,

I recently read an article that left me with the impression that property other than "Business Real Property" could now be purchased using borrowings, within a Self Managed fund.

I'm keen to know more if others have done so.

Cheers

Swany

Profile photo of Cat159Cat159
    Participant
    @cat159
    Profile photo of Cat159Cat159
    Participant
    @cat159

Just a note for everyone who accesses this link that this flyer was developed for FINANCIAL PLANNERS (refer the disclaimer) and is not intended to be financial advice. So see a planner before you act on anything.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Swany

Yes it can be done as long as the Trust Deed is amended to allow borrowing for installment warrants and Yes i have done it for myself and clients already.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of SwanySwany
    @swany

Guys….thanks for the reply.

Swany

Profile photo of smsssmss
    @smss

Hi Swany

I have implemented this strategy for a client.
    A SMSF can invest in any asset, apart from a few exceptions contained in the legislation via an instalment warrant structure. With regards to arranging for the trust deed to be amended to allow for investments in instalment warrants, it may not be necessary because your existing trust deed may already allow for this kind of investment via a catch all clause. The catch all clause allows the trust deed to remain current even when legislation and regulations are amended.
    In saying this it is still advisable that a SMSF trust deed is reviewed and updated every couple of years.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.